Better / User Parameter labels

Just done a show using ETC Desire LED fixtures where the personality offered me the colour parameters Colour 1, Colour 2,....Colour 7. Had to have a post-it note stuck to the desk to tell me what each of the 7 colours in the fixtures were. Not very high-tech!!
Is there any way these could be user-edited, even if the resulting label isn't 'used' by the desk in any way?

Comments

• JasonGardashJasonGardash Registered User
    This Is something that I also wish was an editable option. I don't often use macros off of fixtures but I know other programmers who do reply on them. As a rental shop I wish it was in the console. This would save the user calling me asking which is which.
  • MLorenzMLorenz Registered User, Hog Beta
    A long discussed topic...
    Not so easy to solve du to real-world-parameters and how the console handles those internal.
    Development is aware of this problem.
  • Simon LXSimon LX Registered User
    I'm assuming that the console doesn't do anything clever with 'colour 1' etc internally ie it mostly ignores those parameters, since 'colour 1' on one fixture is probably not the same colour as 'colour 1' on a different fixture? So something like cRed cWhite cBlue or even .Red .White .Blue etc could be made as 'ignored' labels?
  • MLorenzMLorenz Registered User, Hog Beta
    Problem is not the label, problem is what is behind the label.
    When doing so e.g. you would loose the option to replace your fixture with another type.
  • Simon LXSimon LX Registered User
    edited July 2015
    True, but for me, I encounter the label problem way more often than I replace fixture types - if there was the option to change labels, with the understanding/warning message that it compromised other features, that would be great.
  • srautanesrautane Registered User, Hog Beta
    I think there should be dedicated labels for ETC LEDs.
    I'm using them in extended mode where colors are for adjusting the HS color. I modified the original library so that values are + or - % . So in real life there is no fixture that could take the color when replacing. We should kind of ignore the values in change type situation...
    Also, I'm wondering how well the change type works with ETCs, cause we are forced to use Local Hue and Sat? Are those transferred to Hue/Sat.