Networking / Session ?s

stephenwykerstephenwyker Registered User, DL Beta, Hog Beta
So I did my first gig in a while where I had multiple programmers all on the same file with a Hog4. Is there anyway to set views / preferences per user or per console? I have a bad habit of changing my defaults as I program certain content / palettes, and it was killing my other user.

Second, can you assign more than one DP8K to the same net #? (I just wanted the 3rd and 4th DP to be a copy of the first 2 without having to patch all 4 in the patch window. I tried assigning them the same net number and it didn't seem to want to cooperate.

Last, what is the network speed required? 100mb or gig? I had one DP8K that did NOT want to connect the session even after a forced software reload. It grabbed the software just fine (via network) but wouldn't connect into a session regardless of net number and IP settings (DHCP or static) -- I was able to see the mac address hitting the network switch, so I know it wasn't a network issue.

Comments

• srautanesrautane Registered User, Hog Beta
    edited May 2015

Second, can you assign more than one DP8K to the same net #? (I just wanted the 3rd and 4th DP to be a copy of the first 2 without having to patch all 4 in the patch window. I tried assigning them the same net number and it didn't seem to want to cooperate.
    View By DP -> Clone DP is what I use when making backup DPs
  • Michael_GrahamMichael_Graham Registered User, Super Moderator, HES Staff
    Per User/Console settings is something we have a request logged for.

We currently do not support two or more nodes with the same netnumer.
    You would need to patch the 1st dp and the clone the DP to another DP.