Show merge oddities

RGerrishRGerrish Registered User, Hog Beta
We recently merged a cue list from another show into our current file for ease of udating between starlet changes. I noticed last night(first time I've run the console since the merge) that we're missing a bunch of updates that the LD did a couple months ago when he visited. The only thing we merged into the show was the cue list and the couple of position palettes that are Needed for that list and the patch. Any thoughts? Wednesday I'm going to recreate the merge from the same backups that he show was based from to see what happens.

edit: the merge was done on a full boar running version 2.7. Wil try on v3.0 next

Comments

• Michael_GrahamMichael_Graham Registered User, Super Moderator, HES Staff
    Did you merge replace or append?

The updates you are missing are they updates to a cue or list that are missing?
  • RGerrishRGerrish Registered User, Hog Beta
    updates to cues that shouldn't have been touched by the merge. If I remember right we appended the cue list and the position palettes that it needed were dumped to the next available slot on their respective directories.
    If you have copies of both show files please send them to me and I will look into this.
    mgraham at barco dot com

Please provide a repro of the steps you took, the options that were selected during the merge and the list that got affected but should not have.
    redoing the merge shortly. Will send everything over
    sent all files via wetransfer including screen shots of tbe merge settings(same as before) only difference between this time and the first time is new desk software. without striking the rig the output window looks correct this time around. Will fire everything up shortly
    I got the files but have not had time to look into this yet.
    Please let me know if the merge worked correctly this time.
    Sorry for the late reply. The merge worked fine the other day. To be sure we're going to try it again and see if the results are different.
    Okay, and sorry I have not emailed you back with my results.
    I did not see any weird merge problems when testing with your shows.
    Glad everything is working, please let me know if you see this again.
    Will do. Thanks again