visualization software compatability

Hi,
We have a nanohog4 and are running hogPC4. i have been wanting to buy some visualiztion software and found a cheap one called Magic 3d easy view. just wanted to know if it would be compatable with the nanohog4, or do we have to go with Lightconverse using the hog?

Comments

• MitchMitch Registered User, HES Staff
    Hi, after a quick glance at their manual it seems you will connect a DMX cable from the Nano or Hog DMX Widget directly to the USB interface connected to the PC the Easy View program is installed. It seems the software comes with the interface but I may be wrong. It should be pretty easy if it works as intended, there isn't any networking or IP address to worry about.
  • fatmatt86fatmatt86 Registered User
    Awesome. Thanks for your help. I was worried that the nanohog wouldnt be able to communicate with the program. I will purchase one and give it a try. Thanks.
  • Strobie1Strobie1 Registered User
    It will communicate with any pre vis software that excepts dmx, scan, artnet ect.
  • Michael_GrahamMichael_Graham Registered User, Super Moderator, HES Staff
    Yes, you should have no problems connecting to it.
    Hog will talk to most all viz programs on the market.
  • Clifta1Clifta1 Registered User
    Which version of Light Converse ships with Road HOG4. I want to buy my own dongle and want to get the same as the one shipped with the console.
  • MLorenzMLorenz Registered User, Hog Beta
    With the RH4 comes a special version of the Design Dongle.
    The normal Design dongle doesn´t have the option to input HOG-Net. The version shipped with the RH4 has this option enabled.
    You might use a Net-In and connect via Artnet
  • Clifta1Clifta1 Registered User
    Is it not possible to buy this special version of the Design Dongle ???
  • MLorenzMLorenz Registered User, Hog Beta
    Afaik no it is not possible, as it is a OEM-Version for HES