IPCB Color Fades?

JayJayJayJay Registered User, Hog Beta
Don`t know if this was mentioned before. Had a show running this weekend and observed this behavior several times before.
I was using a fullboar4 with the actual v2.7.0.

1.patch some rgb fixtures
2. store your master cue list with your desired look (rgb is set to amber)
3.set your master cue list to persist on overwrite
4. run that list
5. store another list on a master with rgbs in blue color and set that master to IPCB
6.while your master list is running slide the IPCB fader to full (rgbs to blue)

you see a nice fade from amber to blue

7.now move the IPCB fader back to 0 an you will see the rgbs going though several colors until they reach amber again
8.now move the IPCB fader again up but not to its full but lets say 95% of its way
9.then slide the IPCB back to 0

Then you see -also when decreasing the fader- a nice fade from blue to amber as expected.

Honestly...i have to say that this behavior (going through colors) is not looking that professional.

Am i doing something wrong? Or whats the deal with it?

Thanks

Comments

• JayJayJayJay Registered User, Hog Beta
    i was using HSB by the way
    hmm...nobody has noticed that?
  • Go_ButtonGo_Button Registered User
    I have reported some similar issues but with dimmer values and IPCB crossfades. It looks like this function is not properly working.
  • ShrunkenNedShrunkenNed Registered User, Hog Beta
    Yes, many people have noticed it and many people have reported it on here. I'm guessing you probably searched for other postings before posting but the search functions on this new forum are pretty useless.

This has been an ongoing frustration for awhile. The workaround is to use CMY instead of HSI.
    phhh.... has this been locked as defect yet?
    That's really really not locking professional! Seriously HES guys. C'mon!
  • srautanesrautane Registered User, Hog Beta
    Well... this not as simple as it seems. The idea of IPCB fader is to mimic controlling the parameter. In this case Hue between 0 and 360 degrees.
    If you use the IPCB alone it controls the parameter that way.
    How the console would know what is your intention? Crossfade the shortest path or IPCB as it is meant to be, which is control of parameter between the default and recorded value.
    How about using Manual crossfade, if you want fade the shortest path by hand...
    well...as i said when using IPCB not to the full 100% it works as it should. This is my workaround so far.
    Only when hitting the full 100% and then pulling the fader down is going to make problems.
    And its not only the IPCB. As i remember right, using crossfade had the same issue.
  • srautanesrautane Registered User, Hog Beta
    I tried it with Hue 38 on a master and Hue 300 on another master and it works with manual crossfade. I also tried it with Hue of 180 on another master and that works too. The fade takes the shortest path.
    Like I said IPCB is different... Actually I'm wondering why it is taking the shortest path when you pull the fader the first time?