controlling individual channels

hi,
we have purchased a 24 channel DMX decoder and have wired 8 individual lights to the decoder. each fixture uses 3 channels. is it possible to control each fixture individually on the Nano Hog4 running Hog Pc. I know it can be done using other computer software, but wanted to know if the Nano Hog was capable of controlling each fixture individually. the decoder has only 1 DMX dipswitch. Controlling this through the hog would make my life so much easier. is it possible? thanks

Comments

• ArnieCeArnieCe Registered User
    Of course it is. Simply patch your devices as a bunch of individual fixtures.
    For example:
    address your DEMUX to DMX = 1

patch your lights on the console
    fixture 1 = DMX address 1
    fixture 2 = DMX address 4
    fixture 3 = DMX address 7
    fixture 8 = DMX address 22
  • fatmatt86fatmatt86 Registered User
    Thank you so much for your help. Gonna try that tomorrow. I had the decoder dipswitches on 420 and when i changed a color, it changed all the fuxtures color when i only wanted 1 fixture color red and the rest blue.
    So when i am in the fixture window, do i need to create 8 generic fixtures and then patch them to the same DMX address, in this case 420. Or 1st fixture 420, 2nd 423, etc.
    WIll it work like that even though there is only one dipstitch set to 420 on the decoder?
  • Simon LXSimon LX Registered User
    If your decoder is set to 420 that's the first of the 24 addresses it's working with.
    So 1st fixture = 420, 2nd = 423 and so on.
    When you say generic fixtures though, it sounds like your units aren't generics if they have a colour function?
    Simplest way would be to patch 24 generic channels at address 420-443 and remember that ch1-3 = fixture 1, etc but that defies the point of a desk like a Hog. You need to find the correct personality for your lights, and patch those at 420, 423 etc.
  • ArnieCeArnieCe Registered User
    What are the 3 channels each of your fixtures uses for?
    Are they RGB? If they are, you could use "generic, RGB LED" for your lights.
  • fatmatt86fatmatt86 Registered User
    They are supernight led strips. I have them patched as generic leds. Yes the 3 channels are RGB. thank you so much for your help. I will patch these later today.