bug: updating a cue while another in the same list is running

In one list i have three cues. The second one is running for 20 minutes, the third one has a wait of 40 sec., so 40 sec. after cue two is triggered, the third one starts to run. In this third cue there is only data which is not in cue two.
Here is my problem: When the third cue has been played and while the second one is still running, i update/merge data in the third cue (which does not affect the second cue), then the second cue is 'asserted' in zero seconds. I do not understand why this happens. Can anybody explain this, or is this a bug.
By the by, the same happens when i update/merge data in the first cue (without affecting the data of the second cue), while the second one is running.

with regards,
san
  • The reason this happens is because the state of the list is now at cue 3 and so when you update cue 3, the state of cue 3 gets asserted and we drop any running cross-fades. I agree this should be done on a more parameter-by-parameter basis so that as long as you are not updating the values involved in the cross-fade then the cross-fade shouldn't be effected by other updates to the cue stack. I will look into this, log a defect, and see what development can do about it. Logged as Defect D-02465.