Color Palette

stephlightstephlight Registered User
Would it be possible to see on palette the same color that is save inside?

Comments

• bradpepebradpepe Registered User, HES Alumni
    edited March 2006
    Stephlight,

Color coding and auto-color coding of palettes is already on our list for the future as item #6016. I remember the good ol' Status Cue would match the palette colors to the data contained within and it was very useful.

thanks,
  • stephlightstephlight Registered User
    edited March 2006
    :notworthy:
    so good news each time i come here!
    thanks to the team.
    edited March 2006
    it was made that way.
  • srautanesrautane Registered User, Hog Beta
    edited March 2006
    It would be nice, if color made from gel picker, would apper about the same way in pallettes. Also, it would be nice if you could use that kind of graphics for frames of scrollers which are recorded as pallettes.
    edited March 2006
    thank you, i m using photoshop.
  • BenwinBenwin Registered User, Hog Beta
    edited February 2010
    Has anything more come of this? It is something that I'm sure many people will find useful, having gobo images and feedback from media servers with thumbnails would be nice too.
    edited February 2010
    Color coding of various directory and other items is currently under development and will part of a release later this year! We also have plans for gobo and thumbnail images further down the line...
  • PhilouPhilou Registered User
    edited February 2010
    What i great idea, i'm waiting for something like that too.
    Regards.
  • PryderiPryderi Registered User, Hog Beta
    edited February 2010
    Hi Brad,

As these are forthcoming, can there also be an option to select the current scheme.

For what it's worth, I think the current Hog Gui is one of the cleanest around - really easy to navigate, no eye strain, no confusion. I'm all for Gobo thumbnails, it's just the thought of the interface becoming a mish mash of colour that I don't like.

P
    edited February 2010
    Pryderi,

We understand the concerns that many users have of not wanting the GUI to become a rainbow of colors... the specification calls for tools to keep the number of colors down and also to allow the ability to disable color coding if desired.
  • PryderiPryderi Registered User, Hog Beta
    edited February 2010
    Thanks Brad, hoped as much.

P
  • barnes2000barnes2000 Registered User, Hog Beta
    edited February 2010
    I would like all my gobo thumbnails to all be gif animations. I want to look at my desk and get dizzy.

Just kidding of coarse.
  • joeshepardjoeshepard Registered User
    edited March 2010
    Will there be an upgrade to the naming of gobo slots as well?

Joe
    edited April 2010
    Joe,

The upcoming version with color coding does not include an update to the naming of gobo slots. What exactly are you looking for?
  • joeshepardjoeshepard Registered User
    edited April 2010
    Hey Brad,

It's currently such a mish mash. If they could be better organized it would be great. The list is really long and not intuitive. Alphabetical would be a big improvement. Maybe starting with an alphabetical list of colors followed by an alphabetical list of gobos. Being able to use custom names would be great as well.

Thanks!

Joe
  • ShrunkenNedShrunkenNed Registered User, Hog Beta
    edited April 2010
    BUMP on Joe Shepard's suggestions!!

Ability to name custom Gobos and an alphabetical sort for the dropdown listing when selecting gobos for the slots.
    edited April 2010
    I was talking with a colleague this afternoon, and we thought that the opportunity to scroll and apply palettes to a selection just with a wheel or using next and back keys could be very useful.
  • jahhhjahhh Registered User
    edited May 2010
    I would like all my gobo as a thumbnails.

and I Programming a lot of things as a list like this : http://forums.highend.com/showthread.php?t=1892

but it would by nice if there was a optie I be able to collor al the things that are the same.
    so all the different gobos hava a blue background
    all the posistions are red enz..
    Or al the things for the movingheads on stage green and the movinghaeds at the fronttruss yellow.
    edited May 2010
    zep,

As I stated above the color coding functionality is nearly complete in development and will be released later this year.