RDM

I really need RDM!!!

Comments

• ShrunkenNedShrunkenNed Registered User, Hog Beta
    Agree, really anxious for it too. Currently I use my swisson tester. Works great, but there are a lot of menus to dig through with only a handful of buttons.

HOWEVER, since I don't currently have any RDM compliant Opti Splitters. In most cases my console wouldn't be able to see anything. When I currently ping RDM with my Swisson, I can't do it from the FOH snake, I have to go back stage and do each leg from the opti one at a time.
  • yokakokayokakoka Registered User
    I'm agree!
    Really need RDM
  • leebotleebot Registered User, Hog Beta
    I agree. It would be a hue help to have rdm.
  • prhentzprhentz Registered User, Hog Beta
    I agree!!
  • edj1985edj1985 Registered User
    Thought I'd bump this up again. Any chance of RDM in the near future or at all?
  • Gentaro TaiGentaro Tai Registered User
    RDM started from HES!
    Why can not I use Hog.
  • MLorenzMLorenz Registered User, Hog Beta
    What would you do with RDM?! Just curios...
  • scparkerscparker Registered User
    I would love to see RDM implemented from the console. We tend to flow gear from one event to the next and it would be fantastic to hang the rig, fly it, and then address it.
    Puhh... I prefer to hang the rig, test it, and then rise the trusses...
    Much faster in my opinion then stepping thru a lot of fixtures with RDM
    And all external hardware like splitters etc must also be RDM compatible.

• edj1985edj1985 Registered User
    Would be very useful for me in the UK film industry... Quite often production are not willing to pay for a desk op on ALL of the rig days for a shoot.
    This normally results in some 'helpful' sparks rigging a load of DMX lamps, all addressed to 1 and then sending them up in the air only for a set to then be built beneath, making the bar inaccessible to me when I get paid to turn up the next day. On these occasions it would be great to have RDM on the desk as opposed to swearing at my tiny Swisson.

Also with lamps like the Arri Sky Panel, certain DOPs / gaffers will suddenly ask for the 'effects' mode which contains some great macros that can't be created on the desk (splitting the panel) and means changing the DMX mode from the preferred CT/RGBW mode at the drop of a hat. RDM would be a life saver here too.
    OK...
    Aggreed.
    But addressing fixtures should normally not be part of the OP jobs...
    Any lighting-tech should be able to do it.
    But if the workflow is like that I agree.
    i´m working more in touring and events... So a different world