OSC Trackpad with Roadhog4

jxgriffijxgriffi Registered User, DL Beta, Hog Beta
Maybe I'm doing something wrong…or maybe I'm not.

I'm re-working the templates for my Roadhog4 and I one thing I noticed is that the trackpad function does not work with the RH4. Is this because there isn't a trackball? I figured the values would still be sent but maybe not. Same with the "POS" mode…can't seem to get that either.

I'm finding LOTS of errors in the template files from High End and trying to log them all…but here is what I've found so far:

Manual / Actual
Position Mode = /hog/hardware/pos / in actual coding it is /hog/hardware/posmode
Goto cuelist, macro, etc. = hog/playback/go x,y / in actual coding it is /hog/playback/go/x/y (can't get the commas to work)
No listing for the "period" command on the keypad / obviously it's /hog/hardware/period

The template for the command keys is also incorrect and I had to rework it to include line1 and line 2 instead of using the button to call the OSC command because it's only 1 line.

Comments

• datadriverdatadriver Registered User, HES Staff
    if you were to open the log viewer you'd see messages stating that OSC input for trackball is not supported
    on RH4 :)>-
  • jxgriffijxgriffi Registered User, DL Beta, Hog Beta
    HAHA…I guess I should be a little more proactive opening the viewer.

Manual notes should be addressed though. ;-)
  • MLorenzMLorenz Registered User, Hog Beta
    Chris, could you also please let me know the correct string for the encoder-buttons.
    Can´t get them to work...
  • datadriverdatadriver Registered User, HES Staff
    /hog/hardware/ewheelbutton/x/y

where x is wheel 1-5, y is button, or use x and y as arguments

It won't work on PC
  • MLorenzMLorenz Registered User, Hog Beta
    Thanks Chris... Will give it try as soon as I´m back at a real console
  • cmuenchowcmuenchow Registered User, Administrator, HES Staff
    Ok. I will update the help manual. You should see the changes to the manual online soon. May not make it into the online help for the v3.0.0 release though.
  • cmuenchowcmuenchow Registered User, Administrator, HES Staff
    edited April 2015
    Jon,
    I just checked the iPad template and the function key status mappings seem to be correct. Can you clarify that problem for me?

Marc,
    Encoder wheel button mappings have been added to the help manual now as well and new templates have been uploaded to the HES support pages.