Midi notes on/off

srautanesrautane Registered User, Hog Beta
In our theater we use a quite a lot midi notes for triggering the Hog from sound console. I don't know if anyone else has this problem, but it would be nice to have an easy/fast way to enable/disable midi notes.
How you guys are doing it? Is this much a problem for others?
IMO the enable/disable button is a bit buried and it's not easy to make a key macro that enables/disables midi notes and there's no separate button for on and off.
Using an external device or just pulling out the cord always leaves a possibility that you forget to switch things on.
For me the most secure and working solution would be a comment macro that can enable/disable midi notes.
Tagged:

Comments

• MarkNMarkN Registered User
    Why not record two macros, one to turn midi on and the other to turn midi off. Then record two blank cues into one cuelist. On each cue use a comment macro "GK1" and "GK2" (for macro 1 and 2) and then put this cuelist onto a command key.
    But if you use midi notes, then the midi note could just trigger the cuelist/cue number so there is no need to keep turning it on or off.
  • sandersander Registered User
    I have requested this back in 2013 for the OSC-commands; It is also deep down somewhere to dis- or enable. I would really want to have these comment macro options for MIDI and OSC!
  • srautanesrautane Registered User, Hog Beta
    MarkN,
    Unfortunately that is not possible, because the "Enable MIDI notes in" button is a toggle style. There's no way to know is it currently on or off until you go Network -> Console settings -> MIDI
    Sander,
    It would be great to have those features.