Map mode withoutht "Prt Sc" key

GordoGordo Registered User, Hog Beta
Hi!

I've been using a Surface Pro 3 with my Nano hog for a while now and it's been great.
One small issue is when I've wanted to use the Surface with the Nano interface, I can not use 'Map' mode as the touch keyboard does not have a 'Prt Sc' key
Is there anyway to change the mode without this key?
If not, could such a capability be built in?

Gordo

Comments

• sinclairsinclair Registered User, Hog Beta
    On the Surface you could access an alternative keyboard in the Ease of Use settings. Enable MAP mode and switch your keyboard back. MAP mode will persist in a show through logoffs/restarts. You could also plug in a USB keyboard with a PAUSE/BREAK key to set MAP mode.

On consoles that have a trackball, you can set one of the trackball buttons to toggle MAP mode - not sure if an external trackball connected to a Nano would do that as well?

Hope that helps.
  • ShrunkenNedShrunkenNed Registered User, Hog Beta
    Control +Q now enables Map Mode
  • GordoGordo Registered User, Hog Beta
    Thanks Ned, that's precisely what I was after!

Thanks for your reply sinclair, but I was after a solution for using the Surface (only) as a remote, plugging in a usb keyboard for such purposes wouldn't be terribly convenient.
  • sinclairsinclair Registered User, Hog Beta
    Agreed. I forgot that ctrl-Q had been added. Perfect!
  • Marty PostmaMarty Postma Registered User
    It sounds like you are sorted, but to clarify......it should not be the "Prt Scrn" key that toggles the keyboard mode it is "Pause/Break".
  • GordoGordo Registered User, Hog Beta
    Yeah, I couldn't actually remember which on it was without a 'real' keyboard in front on me