Feature Request: Disable Rem Dim Options

I'd love to revisit this request. From the Preferences-> Misc, can we add the option to disable Rem Dim. I know I am not alone in this request.

I understand it has a great function but it is a liability next to a frequently used Knockout.

Or maybe it requires Holding the PIG key to work.

Comments

• Hello,

Disabling that button is a bit of a long shot, but I imagine, it could be added to the list for feature discussion. As a workaround, if you are concerned about accidentally hitting the Rem Dim button, you can use the Undo button if your finger slips and hits the other button by accident.

Hope this helps,
  • SamlightSamlight Registered User
    I did once hope we should be able to choose which buttons we show or not by now, disabled, or over there... or on your 'theatre' tools page, or as a great live weapon! Wherever, why not? Or not indeed, At the very least you should probably be able to drag them around to suit your loose habits on the toolbar buttons... not so much disable as move out of danger!
  • MLorenzMLorenz Registered User, Hog Beta
    One of the big advantages of the HOG OS for me is that I can find buttons where I expect them to be.
    So no matter on which console I will work I know what pops up when pressing a button...
    Lot of users also like this, with the option to customize all this "clearness" will go away in my mind.
  • Playdoe9Playdoe9 Registered User
    Paul, yes, if I BlackOut a show by accidentally hitting RemDim, I can Undo.... But as you can see, that would be tragic.

Mark, I think that if RemDim was grayed out, it would be pretty obvious what was going on. It just seems foolish to have such a dangerous volatile button that is a single click and not a Shifted click. Like PIG+RemDim.
  • Marty PostmaMarty Postma Registered User
    I agree with Marc.
    If you are worried about "fat fingering" Rem Dim for Knockout, then why not use the Backspace shortcuts instead?
  • MLorenzMLorenz Registered User, Hog Beta
    I guess lot of people dont know all the shortcuts...
  • sinclairsinclair Registered User, Hog Beta
    Is there a Backspace shortcut for knocking out selected fixtures from an editor?
  • Marty PostmaMarty Postma Registered User
    BACKSPACE + FIXTURE should knockout the entire fixture.