Desk Top Crash v2.4.0

I'm running a show that I built about 12 months ago and has run through every software update since.

If I select the "All Fixtures" group, "Control" "Lamp Douse", the desk top stops responding. And will restart again using Pig Open Backspace etc.

If I select just the lamps that I can douse, ie my Alpha Beams, Alpha Spots and Mac 575 etc, everything is fine.

I'm running the show on on FB4.

Cheers
Mark

Comments

• Michael_GrahamMichael_Graham Registered User, Super Moderator, HES Staff
    edited September 2014
    Hello,
    Can you please send me this show file?
    We heard about this last week and have opened a defect for this but I would like to add a few show files to the defect that have this problem. In my testing I had to have at least 3 different fixture types in the programmer (and it was only certain types) when selecting the Lamp Douse button, can you confirm this is also what you are seeing?
  • MarkNMarkN Registered User
    Hi Michael,
    Can you PM me your email address please? I'll then send you a copy of the show file. I also found the same happened this morning when I did an "all fixtures" and tried to do a Lamp Strike. When I choose only the correct light, it's fine. In this show file I have 5 types of lights, 2 of which don't have lamp commands, Robe LED Beam 100 and LED fixtures.
  • srautanesrautane Registered User, Hog Beta
    I have had also a couple of desktop crashes when using lamp control. I just can't remember was it douse or strike. Happened with 2.3.0. I have a log file and will send it today or tomorrow.
  • Michael_GrahamMichael_Graham Registered User, Super Moderator, HES Staff
    Hello

We recreated this in our lab and our software guys are currently looking into this.
    What we found in our testing is that it required at least 3 different fixture types selected when you hit the control option. Sorry for the trouble guys we will get this fixed and included in the 2.5.0 release, I just don't have a release date for you at this time.