Roadhog 4 controlling resolume arena 4 over Artnet

I'm trying to control RA4 with my roadhog4 over Artnet so I can include clips and manipulations in my show. I've seen the tutorial video but I'm not able to make it work. I'm a virgin when it comes to networking. I know how to set IP's but everybody keeps talking about subnets and universes??? :-@ . I'm turning bald over this.

Can someone talk me true it?

Thanx.

Comments

• Michael_GrahamMichael_Graham Registered User, Super Moderator, HES Staff
    After you have the FixtureNet IP of the console in the same range as the RA4 you will need to match the subnet and universe.

Not sure on RA4 how to set this but on the Hog you do the following:

Patch your fixture
    Open the Network window (setup - network)
    Open the Setting Window for the DP8K Processor
    Under the ArtNet tab set the universe and the subnet to match the settings within RA4
  • wim aertswim aerts Registered User
    Does the universe has to be the same as the patched universe?
    Owkay,
    I'm trying to get this done on Hog4PC.
    Ip PC : 10.0.0.1
    Fixturenet : 10.0.0.2
    Artnet and Resolume : 10.0.0.3 Subnet and Univers both @ 5
    subnets 255.255.255.0

Tried DMX mapping on resolume => no results

Anyone??? :-O
  • jxgriffijxgriffi Registered User, DL Beta, Hog Beta
    edited September 2014
    Do you have any HES hardware attached?? I don't believe you get art net out of the PC version without HES hardware attached.

From the manual:
    Hog 4PC will only output Art-Net and sACN for universes 1 thru 8 and a USB DMX Widget must be connected and assigned to the matching universe.
    No I don't. I connected another pc over ethernet running resolume. So with this setup it is impossible?

Wim
  • jxgriffijxgriffi Registered User, DL Beta, Hog Beta
    Yes, you have to have at least one dmx widget in order to get DMX out…in any flavor (DMX, Artnet, sACN).