These fader issues are killing me

I have posted on this several times in the past several months. But no matter what combination of desks/laptops/PC's/Networks, etc... I cannot solve this issue.

Usually, it's when my laptop decides to no longer be logged in, I get the warning exclamation point of doom. And then I have no use of faders on either the laptop (which I end up logging out on) or the desk. This has happens on hog 4, road hog 4, and pc.

I have tried different net numbers, I have tried running server and not running server on the laptop (Lenovo Yoga 2). I am out of ideas. The worst was today when I was using a couple of inhibitive subs and couldn't even hold down the choose key to roll it down like I often can on a standard cuestack. I ended up changing the max intensity in the patch as a work around.

Any ideas? I have tried different routers too. I'm honestly at my wits end on this issue and considering changing platforms.

Comments

• etmakesmoviesetmakesmovies Registered User
    You should see me using undo and redo to do a lighting effect right now. Actually fairly amusing...
  • Michael_GrahamMichael_Graham Registered User, Super Moderator, HES Staff
    Hello,

Please send me an email and we will try to get to the bottom of your problems.
    What version of OS are you running?
    How is your network setup?
    Is this a H3 show or a new H4 show?

MGRAHAM@BARCO.com
  • Michael_GrahamMichael_Graham Registered User, Super Moderator, HES Staff
    Can you please upgrade to 2.4.0 and let me know if it occurs again?
    We fixed a but where the faders would not respond after locking the desk in a multi-console setup.