first time networking- taking a beating from the RH4

Hi Folks-
I have a RH4 on a network. It is taking the IP from the router using dhcp regardless of Hognet or fixturenet. I've set the subnet to 255.255.0.0.
I cannot get the RH4 to recognize the 3 axons or the CMA or for it to be recognized. I have read some of the previous post and tutorials but I can seem to get beyond this point.
One thing I have noticed is the server, DP8000 and console stay at a different ip (127. ***.***.*) I do not know if that is relevant in a closed network.
My fear is that I am missing something small, but I wouldn't know the small from big

Comments

• ShrunkenNedShrunkenNed Registered User, Hog Beta
    What type of network are you trying to do? connect consoles and dp8000s (hognet) or connect art net devices (fixture net)?
    What is the range of addresses your DHCP router is assigning to? (is it 127.xxx.xxx.xxx?)
  • MackayLDMackayLD Registered User
    I have a RH4pc/CMA and 3 Axons. When running the CMA I can see and control the axons but the RH4 not at all. I am able to get both the RH4's hognet and fixturenet to take the IP from the router using dhcp so that they are all in range. I have set the DP8000 to use the same IP ( in case that mattered) and checked broadcast on & off.
    The RH4 just doesn't show up
    the IP is 10.1.10.102-7
    but the console and the server is 127.xxx.xxx.xx
  • Michael_GrahamMichael_Graham Registered User, Super Moderator, HES Staff
    MackayLD

Please email me at MGRAHAM@BARCO.COM and I will walk you thru the setup.
    It will be faster.
    I am out of the office until tomorrow morning. Can I call tomorrow? I am on EST.
    Thanks!
    Did you ever get this running?
  • cormacjackcormacjack Registered User, DL Beta
    edited September 2014
    Hey,
    I thought Axon servers had fixed IP address's that could not be changed currently?
    What happens when you connect the console directly to a single Axon server via fixture net port from the console and take the router out of the equation?

Best C
  • jxgriffijxgriffi Registered User, DL Beta, Hog Beta
    Cormac, Axon's are not fixed IP. They get their IP from DHCP and if none is present, it auto-sets to 169.x.x.x (unless this has changed…)

You are correct, the Axon will auto IP to a 169.x.x.x unless you have DHCP a server on the network for the Axon to obtain an IP from.