Fader control Loss

Any control of all 10 is lost. Tried restart, shutdown. Only thing that will fix is a reboot. I thought this issue was addressed in V 2.3

Comments

• TBabcockTBabcock Registered User
    So to fill in the blanks
    Road Hog 4 running V2.3
    In the middle of a show, lost all fader control. Locked at what levels they were when crashed.
    Any ideas??
  • MtomaselliMtomaselli Registered User
    I encountered this problem a few months ago with two H4 networked together. About 15 minutes before the start of show I lost control to all faders. Had to shutdown and reboot. i sent the show file to Mitch. Not sure if they found anything. Was with V 2.2
  • Michael_GrahamMichael_Graham Registered User, Super Moderator, HES Staff
    Sounds like the playback process went down.
    Did you perform a Pig+Open+Backspace?
    If yes what if any process was reporting back not responding?
    I did not, when it happens again I will, and get back to you
  • JayJayJayJay Registered User, Hog Beta
    Had the same with 1st fader twice this weekend on Fullboar4 with v2.3.0
    Have the feeling it came after locking the desk / screensaver.
    Was any process reporting back not responding?
    Was it just the faders or was it all buttons on the playback?
    Everything else worked fine. I was in the middle of a show, Timecode and cues were working fine, just no fader control. What was up at 100 was locked there and faders that were at 0 stayed there, even the master no control
  • LeggyLeggy Registered User, Hog Beta
    edited August 2014

I've had similar a couple of times on a Hog 4, different software version each time. Did you press any choose buttons? When it has happened to me, pressing choose selects multiple faders (so lots of flashing blue leds). Total loss of control, current look stays up but nothing responds. I logged off and on again but no change, had to reboot the whole system to regain control.

Hey guys, did this occur with a single console (nothing hooked) or only in a network setup?
    Did you guys FPSPKG your desk to 2.3.0 or did you perform and ISO?
    Single console only. Fpspkg update
  • LeggyLeggy Registered User, Hog Beta
    Both single console and networked.
    Not my console so don't know update method performed.
  • bsbjuicerbsbjuicer Registered User
    I have had the same thing happen to me on v2.2 with single console (with client tablet). When I had DP8000's networked in I had to reboot the system to get control back. When outputting DMX from onboard DP I could pig-open-backspace and kill playback, then restart playback and got control.
    My fullboar did get a fullinstall to 2.3.0.
    It happened on a single show, nothing hooked.

Like i said, before i lost control on fader 1 i had the desk locked and the screensaver was on.
    Hello everyone,

Just an update, we finally got this to recreate in the test lab and I have our software guys looking into now.
    As soon as I know the cause and we have this fixed I will let you guys know.
    Thank you all for the information!
    Thanks Michael
    Hello All,

We think we found the problem.
    Can you please do me a favor and the next time this occurs to you please send me the log file.
    We want to see if a certain message is present when this occurs.
    In our testing we see this "bad" message and we believe that is the cause.

Pig+Open+1 and right click to save the file.

Again thanks for all the help with this issue guys!

Michael
    i've just sent one log file to you.

After reading your post i did a test while keeping the desk 20min locked and with screensaver on.

Can you please upgrade to 2.4.0 and let me know if it occurs again?
    We fixed a but where the faders would not respond after locking the desk in a multi-console setup.
    Just want to see if this is in fact the defect y'all are running into.
    We have found another edge case and are working to get the fixed.
    Thanks, I already have, I'll let you know
    So I had the faders lock today, tried the pig+open+1 and could copy but not paste. Probly something I'm doing wrong there. But in the past only a restore would fix the issue. This time a soft reset fixed the issue.
    We have found another case when locking the desk.
    What we have found when locking the desk is that the 'noise' within the faders are sending messages to our systems and we think the fader has been moved so we unlock. When you unlock the desk we are not re-locking the faders and we do not show the unlocked feedback so it appears as if the fader has stopped responding. If you move the fader thru the entire fader path it should lock back on.
    We are currently testing a fix for this and we are working hard to get this fixed and into y'all's hands ASAP.
  • I had this happen to me the other day. I hadn't seen this post yet, so I didn't save a log file. I am on version 2.4 which was installed with a full ISO. I did have a tablet as a client and feel like when the tablet lost connectivity to the show file, is when I lost fader control. I had to do a full reboot to regain control of the faders.
    I had it happen again. Just by changing pages. Full restore to get them back
    log off/ log on different show file. Fader locked up crash did a reboot would not fix 3 different times. Reboot again loaded a new show and they worked. Loaded my show file and everything works now. Any Help Please!!!!
    Hello guys,

We are putting the finishing touches on the next release that should fix the fader problems y'all are running into. We hope to have a beta this week and a release next month.
    I am truly sorry for the troubles y'all are running into and THANKS for all the help while we were trying to find the problem.