TimeCode widget issue

Running RH4 with external 4dp and timecode widget off the external. I upgraded the RH4 to v2.3.0
Now when power up at the beginning of the day the console doesn't see the widget, Until I hard reset the widget only. Then everything is fine. There are no issues if I put the console to sleep, never looses it only on power down and up the next day.

Comments

• Michael_GrahamMichael_Graham Registered User, Super Moderator, HES Staff
    Can you please tell me how exactly you have your system setup?
  • TBabcockTBabcock Registered User
    Road Hog 4 running 4 universes. hog-net out to a switch from switch to external DP 8000
    Hog4 version. USB out of external Dp8000 to Timecode widget.
    This confige worked fine in version 2.1.2
    Now in 2.3 when I power down and back up it looses the Timecode widget.
    Will not come back online till I hard reset the widget.
    Hello,

I have tested this on a RH and H4 and the TC widget is responding without the need to unplug the USB cable when I power back up the system.

I am testing by being in a show with TC running and shutdown the desk correctly and just by killing power to the desk then I am killing power to the DP8K.
    I then power on the desk and the 8K.
    Launch into the same show and open the TC toolbar, TC is coming in.
    I was testing with 2.3.0 and 2.4.0.

Can you please tell me how you are shutting down each night and powering up each day?
    Standard way, besides saving the show. Setup-quit-shutdown. That's it. The external dp8000 stays on always, also the widget never shuts down. The next day I turn the switch off at the back of the console, wait for 5 seconds and then back on to power up. Launch exsisting show. I have tried pinging the widget and it does not respond. Then I cycle the USB plug on the widget and it will work fine then.
    Can you try killing the power switch to the console after shutting it down instead of the next morning?
    Sure... Will do tonight and get back to you
    That didnt do anything different. Went to test Timecode, and no roll on monitor. Reset power on widget and it works
    Are you using the Blue TC only widget or the Black Midi/TC combo widget?
    The black midi/tc combo widget
    Okay, I was testing with the Blue TC widget, I'm sorry I should have tested with both.
    I will setup a test today with the Black Midi/TC combo widget and get back to you today with my results.
    Thank you for the extra information, I was able to recreate the defect.
    The key to the repro was to shut TC off, I was leaving it running during my testing earlier.
    I will get a defect logged for this.
    I have found that if you leave TC running into the 8K overnight it should work right away the next morning.
    I also found that if you log out of your show and then quit (shutdown the desk), the next morning on power up the TC should work right away.
    I do leave it running on the external 8k overnight, does not respond the next day
    Okay can you please try this.
    Log off your show at the end of the night and then shutdown from launcher.

I have this logged and we hope to get it fixed before we release 2.4.0.
    I am sorry for the troubles this is causing you! Again thank you for all your help while I was trying to repro this.
    Thanks Michael, also lost fader control in V2.3 only a reboot would fix.
    Can you explain what you mean?
    Did the fader just not adjust the intensity of the list?
    Did the Play button on the master work?
    Everything worked fine, Just lost control of faders. When you try to run any of the 10 faders, no response. On stage or On screen no effect. Grandmaster, nothing would respond.
    Hello again, so I updated the console to v2.4 yesterday and today I again needed to unplug the Timecode widget power and replug to get it talking to the system. I don't know why this is just me, but V 2.12 and before that it worked fine.
    Hello,

I am sorry but that defect did not get fixed before we released 2.4.0.
    We had to put this on the back burner as the Fader issue Users are reporting are our main focus right now.
    I understand this is a big deal for you, and again I am sorry.
    I agree, fader issue bigger. The widget issue isn't major for me, but I turn the room over to my second a few days a week and just want things to run smooth. Thanks for your responses and attention.
    edited October 2014
    This has been fixed internally.
    This fix will NOT be in the upcoming 2.5.0 release but will be included in the 2.6.0 release.
    2.5.0 mainly deals with the fader issues we are having.
    We hope to release 2.5.0 in the next week and then we will push 2.6.0 into beta.

I am truly sorry it has taken this log to get this fixed for you.