Media Patch v2.3.0 (b740)

jxgriffijxgriffi Registered User, DL Beta, Hog Beta
Background:
I am running a Hog 4 with the fixture net port feeding Pathport nodes along with an Mbox Studio 3.8. Before today, I was running Mbox 3.6 on v2.2.0. As we are working on some new mapping from the Mbox, I upgraded both Mbox Studio to 3.8 and console software to 2.3.0.

In the fixture schedule, I did a "change type" from my previous Mbox Studio parameters to the new Mbox 3.8 library that I received from High End. Patched it. All is working well through Artnet control.

However, I no longer get the media picker. I have gone through and re-patched my Media to select the Mbox, but in the fixture schedule, it will not take the Mbox and the IP address in the field stays empty. When I open the "events" monitor, I get a continual error that states the following:
"Node - OB-1-0090a10a0288 / CITP Stack / Error / lost in the byte stream" and it will not turn stop.

So, to recap….
I have artnet control of the Mbox from the Hog
I cannot get the Mbox to attach to a media patch
I have no CITP thumbnails and continual errors in the events monitor

Any suggestions???
J

Comments

• jxgriffijxgriffi Registered User, DL Beta, Hog Beta
    And now I'm getting a fatal error whenever I try to "Patch Media."

Screenshot

Here is the screenshot of the Fatal Error. I found a repo for the error.

Select the Mbox (2001>2016 for me) and hit "Patch Media." The server shows up in the patch media window. I click on the server and hit "OK." The IP address still does not show up in the patch window…I still have them selected and hit "Refresh Media" and that's when I get the "Fatal Error."

I rolled back to 2.2.0 to see if there was an issue between 2.2 and 2.3. I still cannot get the media patch to work. I'm beginning to wonder if it's related to the Mbox 3.8 library I received from HES.

As suspected, I rolled the Mbox back to 3.7 (couldn't go to 3.6). Patched the "old" style Master/Shutter/Layers and everything synced right up.

So, until this gets resolved, I guess I'll have to run 3.7 on the Mbox.
  • Michael_GrahamMichael_Graham Registered User, Super Moderator, HES Staff
    Thanks for the information John.
    I will make sure we download Mbox 3.8 (if Chris has not already) and test with that before we release v2.4.0.
    THanks Michael…let me know if I can be of any more help. :-D
  • GianGian Registered User
    In mBox Studio 3.8, you choose a option to run on mBox 3.6 profile. If you do that all works just fine with the Hog 4.
    Hello John,

We went to beta today and it does support MBox 3.8 CITP support.
    We hope to have the 2.4.0 release ready in the next few weeks.
  • barnes2000barnes2000 Registered User, Hog Beta
    Michael's back in action! Look at all these threads with replies.
    Welcome back Michael.
    Thanks Scott! It does feel great to be back in the office doing what I love.
  • bockingbocking Registered User
    Hello,

I've had the same problem as the OP with the ... / CITP Stack / Error / lost in the byte stream" but with a twist:
    I'm running v2.4 on a road hog with Mbox studio 3.6. Initially all was working well with CITP. I added a catalyst server, had it running OK but couldn't get the media picker to work. In the process of un-patching/re-patching the media I lost Artnet output. Whatever I did I couldn't get any Artnet output. Ultimately I performed a full system restore via USB. Quickly re-entered settings and Artnet was fine.
    Re-loaded show and carried on, had Mbox control but no CITP, could see the mac in 'patch media' but would not patch. Changed fixture type to Mbox v3.6, this patched media successfully and got the media picker working. Changed fixture type back to v3.8 and had the loss of art net problem return.

Restored console via USB [AGAIN] - re-loaded show file, patched media [no problem] Artnet straight back to life. Media picker working fine [reduced the quantity of media on mac during restore]. Feels like a pattern if you mess with the patch media...; Would you have any thoughts on this one?

Many thanks, Daniel

• datadriverdatadriver Registered User, HES Staff
    The "lost in the byte stream" message is an indication that your media server is sending noodle soup instead of CITP. Try restarting your media server in that situation.