Inhibitive Master (Group Master) not working on Page change - Bug or feature

inroyalinroyal Registered User
Setup:
Page 1: Master 1 - Cue or Scene with fixture 1 intensity 100% - Fader @ 100% - Master 2 - Inhibitive Group Master with fixture 1 @ 50% = OUTPUT fixture 1 @ 50%
> change to
Page 2: Master 1 - Cue or Scene with fixture 1 intensity 100% - Fader @ 100%
OUTPUT = 100% though the inhibitive on page 1 is @ 50%

Is this a bug or a feature?
I like to make a group master page just to control intensities of blinders, beams etc. to have all group masters on the active page just doesn't make sense to me...

Comments

• MLorenzMLorenz Registered User, Hog Beta
    edited June 2014
    Bug or feature... Thats the question
    It is like you said for a long time... There are many people requesting this the way you want it.

In the meantime: but your group master on a template page. If you dont have a wing you can still bring up another playback-bar (pig+1 for bar #1, pig+2 for bar #2.....) and put your masters there, then press and hold the master on the screen and adjust the level with the last encoder
  • inroyalinroyal Registered User
    edited June 2014
    Yes! The virtual master workaround is the only working way I know. Who really wants a template page with 4 or more group masters? Even with two playback wings it's a waste of faders. What about an option window? Set inhibitive masters global or pagewide only... Ok, it makes sense having a group master when changing a page in a go show! With the command keys it got so easy to bring up a page - faster than ever! That's one reason for motorfaders!
  • Michael_GrahamMichael_Graham Registered User, Super Moderator, HES Staff
    The way it currently works is by design. We do not allow group master to remain in the background.