new update affecting fader

ChuckhicksChuckhicks Registered User
After doing an update I press go or flash with fader in the full position it does what its supposed to. But when I manually pull down the fader it doesn't dim. It go's all the way down to zero than lights shut off. No dimming. This happens when the play or flash button is hit and at that point I lose manual dimming ability. Fader just shuts lights off at zero anywhere in between lights stay at `100% full.

Comments

• Michael_GrahamMichael_Graham Registered User, Super Moderator, HES Staff
    edited June 2014
    Are you updating the cue or the desk's software?
    Is the fader an I-Fader / HTP / IPCB?
  • ChuckhicksChuckhicks Registered User
    edited June 2014
    It is set as IPCB. I have a NANO HOG4 board. I updated the software to the latest version and this fader thing happened. It only started after the update.
    edited June 2014
    Just so I understand:
    Fader is set as an IPCB
    List has a fixture at full
    You put the fader to full and then hit the flash key
    After hitting the flash key you cannot dim the fixture by pulling down the fader
  • Firewood1Firewood1 Registered User, Hog Beta
    edited June 2014
    Hi Michael,

I think this is very closely related to the thread I posted a couple of days ago on here.

http://forums.highend.com/showthread.php?t=16619

There's strange and inconsistent behaviour when GO is used for an IPCB fader.

Cheers

Colin
    edited June 2014
    Hello,

I was able to re-create the problem.
    Once the list is played it appears we are unlocking the fader (and not showing you it's unlocked) and we are locking back on once the fader hits 0.
    I have logged a defect for this but it will not be fixed in the upcoming 2.3.0 release as we are finishing it up.
    I will push HARD to get this fixed in the next release after the 2.3.0 release.
  • ChuckhicksChuckhicks Registered User
    edited June 2014
    Thanks Michael.
  • MLorenzMLorenz Registered User, Hog Beta
    edited June 2014
    Michael, this might also be related to that bug with partial stomped lists in combination with IPCB Fader
    I showed this to you when I was in Austin