[ Request ] Programmer use of Full Button

cmonkcmonk Registered User, Hog Beta
Hi there,

I haven't been able to do the following while using the console myself so if this is already possible then please help otherwise it would be really useful if it was possible to use the 'Full' button when inputting data into the programmer fields.

For example if I highlight some moving lights intensity fields in the programmer on the touchscreen i would like to hit
'SET' then 'FULL' 'ENTER'
for the values to hit there max value (for Intensity 100%).

Additionally if I highlight Pan it would be good to use
'SET' then 'FULL' 'ENTER'
or
'SET' then 'MINUS' 'FULL' 'ENTER'
to enter the maximum Positive or Maximum Negative value respectively.

What are your thoughts?

Thanks,
Colin

Comments

• MLorenzMLorenz Registered User, Hog Beta
    edited June 2014
    Colin, use the + key and touch an encoder wheel, this will bring the value to the max. when turning clockwise and to the min. when turning anticlockwise.

The - key will invert the value that is set a the moment
    To enter a diseried value, hold set and touch a wheel.

Have a look a the shortcut section in the manual
  • LaLaLindyLightingLaLaLindyLighting Registered User
    edited June 2014
    Marc, which Manual are you referring to? Section 30 (Cheat sheets) only has the keyboard shortcuts for mapping console buttons to a PC keyboard and the Pig Key Commands. I've stumbled upon the short cut you are referring to, but is there an actual page of shortcuts somewhere in the manual?
  • cmonkcmonk Registered User, Hog Beta
    edited June 2014
    Hi Marc,

Thanks for your tips, however I do feel that the full button would be a quicker way of inputting some data directly into the programmer (which is one of the big hog features).

There are potentially still more key presses to that shortcut you describe depending on which page of encoders an attribute lies. Also you could use the min/max setting for the encoder buttons which would be one less key press again

Sometimes however it's really nice to just type stuff in, I currently tend to type 999 in every field or -999 at the moment as it reverts to the highest value it can but as there is a full key on the keypad it seems it should or could do this...

Thanks...
    Colin
    edited June 2014
    Hmmm...

Highlighting a cell and then entering a value takes longer than pressing the + button and touching a wheel in my opinion...
  • cmonkcmonk Registered User, Hog Beta
    edited June 2014
    That's fair Marc and the way you program a console will be very different to other people and the same as others again, the point of the console is that you can do the same thing many ways because different things work better for different people, their work flows vary through style or situation and the beauty of the hog os is it allows this.

I do use the field entry section of the programmer quite a bit, especially when flashing heads through, using the cursors and keypad but also for quick editing of items I've pulled I to the programmer. Like I said different methods work for different people...
  • Buzz313thBuzz313th Registered User
    edited June 2014
    You can make a keystroke macro that has the following strokes...

Set/keypad 1/keypad 0/Keypad 0/Enter Then set all times in the macro step to as short as possible.. Then assign that macro to a command key and now you have your requested key and you don't have to press set at all.. This method might make things quicker than your request of the full button, since you don't need to press set.

This should work well as long as you don't set your macro steps to short/quick, or you might miss some macro steps.

LOL, different strokes for different folks. :P

JB
    edited June 2014
    Nice idea JB ;-)
  • Buzz313thBuzz313th Registered User
    edited June 2014
    ;)

JB