H4PC Freezing and DMX Drop out

lightmike87lightmike87 Registered User
I am running Hog4pc at an EDM venue. Using a Roadhog3 Playback and Programming wing with a super widget built in. Computer has Win8, 8gb of ram and a quad core processor. Its been ok for the last couple of months, but lately I've been running into a problem where the cues don't load instantly, and i notice fixtures are showing no signal about 4-5 times a minute. All FX freeze.

My initial thoughts are that the vibrations are messing with the hard drive, and I've suggested upgrading to a solid state drive. But i'm curious if anyone has had a problem like this. And if the hard drive is really whats causing this.

I did switch to my laptop, also with a regular hard drive, and had the same problems. So I'm pretty sure its the hard drive.

Thanks,
Mike

Comments

• Buzz313thBuzz313th Registered User
    edited May 2014
    Try reinstalling the OS from a clean format.
  • datadriverdatadriver Registered User, HES Staff
    edited May 2014
    "Freeze" problems like this *can* the result of a bad hard drive.
  • MitchMitch Registered User, HES Staff
    edited May 2014
    Try disabling the wireless Ethernet if it is enabled, and disconnecting from the internet if it is connected in any way.
    As the problem happens on two different computers, show file issues are also a possibility. If the problem is easy to reproduce, as a test start a new show with just a few fixtures and cues/effects and see if the same issues appear.