[Request] Provide Ability to Auto Change References in Comment Macros

It would be nice if there was a way for the references in comment macros to automatically change if the item changes its number. I often create cue lists that contain macros referencing other lists. For example I may create a set of cues that contain looks I want. I also create a corresponding set that releases one or more of them. I usually logically arrange the releases by placing them directly below the ones they release. With guard off I can easily combine and breakdown looks. This is probably nothing new to most programmers.

The problem comes when I decide to rearrange the scenes in the window. I then have to go find every comment macro that references all of the cue lists I moved because they have new numbers. It would great if there was a way for the Hog to do this very tedious process for me. The user interface could either be a set of new macro commands or some syntax character that is placed before the number. For example RL@2 could save a reference to the list that is in position 2 and if it ever moves the number would change to the new location. This would be similar to how Excel will automatically change formulas for you when you do something like insert a column or row. This follow reference could apply to cue lists, scenes, pages and keystroke macros.

I understand this could be hard to implement if there is not some internal unique id for directory items that could be used as the tracking reference. Excel can also use names as the key (e.g. sheets). That would not work well for the Hog because then we would have to keep the names unique in each directory.

If there is already any easy way to accomplish what I want to do please let me know. I will start using that right away.

Thanks,
Kevin Montagne