Copy efx

HeinrichHeinrich Registered User
How do you copy efx? I have effx recorded to 8 fixtures, but on this show I have 12. I would like to copy the same efx from fixtures 1 to 8 to 9-12. I open the cue and try to copy but it doesn't work. I didn't think to replicate the fixture and I have since programmed a bunch with 12 fixtures that I don't want to lose. I even tried recording an efx palette and then applied the palette to all my fixtures but it only worked on the initial 8. It is efx only with no under lying fixture info. Can you also copy effects from one fixture type to another assuming they share the same parameters?

Also why when I open some cues the efx are in red and in some cues the efx are black. I can copy the red efx cues but not the black

Comments

• HeinrichHeinrich Registered User
    edited May 2014
    I had a little more time to mess around with the board, most of my efx copy just fine. But my movement efx are being stubborn..... Any ideas? I'm stumped, usually its as simple as fixture copy to new fixture and its done, but with the movement efx the new fixture pops up in the cue editor but the efx will not copy
  • jxgriffijxgriffi Registered User, DL Beta, Hog Beta
    edited May 2014
    Make sure you are masking both POSITION and EFFECTS.

Effects aren't selected by default.
  • HeinrichHeinrich Registered User
    edited May 2014
    I selected efx and position when I pressed copy. And it works fine for most of my cues. But I have a few cues where when I open the cue, the efx (tilt only) is in black whereas the other cues have the effect symbol in red. For some reason I can't seem to copy the black cues to another fixture. My color efx copy fine and a few of my pan tilt cues copy as well.
  • cormacjackcormacjack Registered User, DL Beta
    edited May 2014
    Hi Heinrich,
    What happens when you open the efx from the efx pallettes.
    So I usually record my efx into the efx pallettes and then record those efx as a cue
    I find it easier to edit and keep track of efx by using the pallettes rather than searching through cues.

To clone f/x I would do something like
    efx "X" open
    101>108 copy fixture 109>112
    enter Update

Hope this helps.