2.1.2 View issues

TBabcockTBabcock Registered User
Running a RH4. I have a external monitor that has all my cue list that are running for each act. All work fine, I will come in the next day load the show file and the sizes are all correct but some lists are wrong for that view. Today I fixed them again and then ran my Timecode macro to enable the clock. In the macro I have it recall act 1 view to enable, when it goes to that view, its the messed up view that I just fixed that should not exists anymore. I hit act 1 view and its correct. At a loss here if anyone could help.
Also the view on the console never messes up

Comments

• MLorenzMLorenz Registered User, Hog Beta
    edited May 2014
    Is your view set to additive maybe?
    Also I dont understand what you mean when you say: that some lists are wronf for that view....
  • MayliMayli Registered User, DL Beta, Hog Beta
    edited May 2014
    Hey T,

Please open your Macro and take a look at the macro step 1.
    It should say "Recall view". This step will recall the temporary state of the desktop, when you started recording your macro! Means, that it is only a snapshot at time you hit "Record Macro # Enter"

Please select the cell "Recall View" in step 1 of the macro and hit "Set"
    You will get a drop down menu. Select "Key Press"
    Select the next cell to the right and hit "Set". Select "Soft Keys" - "Softkey Upper left #". The # refers to your view button on the view toolbar!

If you are using v2.2.0 the cell in the macro will be blank! this is a known bug and is already addressed! The macro should be fully functional!

Hope this helps!

Cheers

Mayli
  • TBabcockTBabcock Registered User
    edited May 2014
    Marc, Views are not set to addative. I have have a external 20" monitor that I view all of my cue stacks for that act. IE Show master, act#master, Practical master, executer masters, Projection master. each is sized different for importance. I will come in the next day and recall my act views and a different cue list will be in place of lets say the show master position. The size is allways right I will just have the wrong cue list's in place.
    Micheal, that makes sense. But the view I want to recall is 27 and it doesnt go up that high. I am just going to remake my macro's but thank you I didnt know that
    edited May 2014
    Hey Todd,

It is much more easier than I thought…

Try this…

Please select the cell "Recall View" in step 1 of the macro and hit "Set"
    You will get a drop down menu. Select "Key Press"
    Select the next cell to the right and hit "Set". Select "Programming Keys" - "View".
    The next 3 steps should be "2" "7" "Enter"

Would be equivalent to "View 27 Enter"

Hope this helps!

Mayli
    edited May 2014
    Thanks!!
    edited May 2014
    Michael, do you have any idea why my cue lists in my views keep changing?
    edited May 2014
    Hi Todd,

I don't know, if I understand you correctly!
    Can you make a short video and load it up?

Cheers

Mayli
  • MLorenzMLorenz Registered User, Hog Beta
    edited May 2014
    Mayli,

i guess the view is recalled correct, but the cuelists assigned to the open cuelist windows are not correct.

Is this what is happening?
    How did you create your cue-list windows?
    edited May 2014
    I would open the list, move it to the external monitor and size it. Each act view has atleast 5 cue lists on that monitor sized for importance. when the view gets messed up, the size is still good, just has the wrong cue list in the position that is normally there.
    edited May 2014
    After size and position is correct I save it to a view. Its those saved views that keep getting messed up
    edited May 2014
    Hey Todd,

How do you open the cuelist?

1) "Open" + "Choose"; will open Chosen Master window
    2) "List #" "Open"; will open a dedicated Cuelist window for Cuelist #

in case 1, the content of the "Cuelist window" will follow the chosen master.
    You can easily check by looking at the header of the window.
    If it says "Chosen Master- Cuelist #…" it is case 1.
    If it says "Cuelist #" or the name it will be case 2 and the way you want to have it!

Apologize, if you know all this and me just being a wise… ;-)

Hope this helps!

Mayli
    edited May 2014
    I hold Open then click on the list I want, Size and then add more lists to create 1 look with 6 lists of different size on 1 monitor. I have 7 acts so there are 7 views for the show. I have upgraded to 2.2 and came in today and the views are all screwed up again. This is really starting to tick me off!!!! I turn the show over to my back up guy for my days off. And I spend more time on the phone fixing it then I do enjoying my time away. Can anyone help me with this?????
    edited May 2014
    Also to be more clear, these cue list views that get messed up, are always messed up on the external monitor only the view on the console is always correct
    edited May 2014
    Are you using the same resolution on the external screen at any time?

Would be my guess!

Cheers

Mayli