Elation Platinum Spot LED Pro II library issue

cvargas1027cvargas1027 Registered User
I'm currently having issues trying to get the Elation Platinum Spot LED Pro II to work with the hog 4 fixture library that is available thru the fixture library. I'm using the extended mode.the fixture is set properly to extended mode and i have 8 brand new fixtures.

when i try to select the color wheel and gobo wheels, i get half a color or gobo and cant figure out how to fix it. i'm thinking the fixture profile on the hog is not correct which is making the fixture not happy.

ive tried modifying the profile but no luck and also changing modes. all modes give me the same problems.

anyone have any other ideas on what to do?

thanks

-Cesar

Comments

• Michael_GrahamMichael_Graham Registered User, Super Moderator, HES Staff
    edited May 2014
    Can you use the DMX protocol from the fixtures manual to check if we are sending the correct DMX value?
    You can see the DMX channel we are outputting in the DMX window.

Since we do not have this fixture any more info on the values we are sending for the channels and what they should be would be helpful.
  • cvargas1027cvargas1027 Registered User
    edited May 2014
    The problem has been fixed thanks to Steve from high end. Thanks.
    apparently elation has their DmX values wrong on their manual.
  • Michael_GrahamMichael_Graham Registered User, Super Moderator, HES Staff
    edited May 2014
    Great, glad Steve was able to fix the issue.
  • DjtimtruDjtimtru Registered User
    Hi! So we are trying to do the same thing. There isn't an actual profile for extended mode for the Platinum II on our Hog Library. Would you care to share the profile that you are using? TIA
  • davidfitwedavidfitwe Registered User, Hog Beta
    I had the same problem with the Elation Spot III, Had to get a profile from a friend and still make a few adjustments. It seems Elation likes to update fixture software and change the dmx, but they are horrible at updating manuals, or releasing new dmx charts.
  • Noah_AllenNoah_Allen Registered User, HES Staff
    edited August 2019
    Hey folks,

If you can find a corresponding DMX chart, and you submit a request, HES can create a profile and email it to you.

The most recent version of the Spot III can be found here

The most recent version of the Spot II can be found here

Instructions on how to add a library can be found in 27.2 Download and Install Fixture Libraries