+Go on off

Has anyone requested +GO on off for flash button?

Or is there a way to release with delay times...
  • What I'm trying to achieve is:
    When I press flash, channels fade in with delay times and when I release flash they fade out with delay times.
    Any tips how to do it?
    Actually, better would be if they release with delay times.
  • I just found an old thread...

forums.highend.com/showthread.php?t=3100

Is there currently any plans to implement separate timing for release?
  • I would quite like that Sami:

I have a couple of cues in a show that deal with intensity like that, 0 fade with a fanned delay and the same out. Thats on 3 cues at the moment Cue 1 infade, Cue 2 outfade, Cue 3 release master which the flash as a Go. I always thought or felt it would be very cool if the flash button mimicked the manual fader, I mean click down goes a cue and click off goes the next cue. In my mind that seemed to make the flash button do a whole lot more than it can do at present.

A lot of this sort of stuff in my show is doing bumps which alter the main cue list, be it solo or adding something, so the programming and timing I much prefer to keep as normal, I have always just felt the flash button needed a magic option
  • Andy,

I agree. The thing what I was trying to make was that I have a main cuelist where I have my scenery LED in a certain color. When I press flash of a another cuelist the colors change using fanned delay.
    If we had fanned delay in release, the colors would return to the ones in the main list using fanned delay when flash is released.
  • I was using a Chamsys system last year and I had the option of putting a fade time on the front and back of a flash button, where I used it was to give some LED into the same fade out as the par cans, worked very nicely.

I would say what would be nice is another option for flash buttons that would give the same result as a default flash button, but apply any time in the cue, but there might be also a wish for the in-time and out time to be different, perhaps for starters get 2/1 involved in some way.

Until then 3 cues it is for me, got used to it now.
  • Any comments from the HES guys? Chris?

Is there any plans to add GO for flash button release or implement better release timing?