OSC with Medialon

Has anybody experiences about using the OSC with other computers as remote controllers?
I'm working with a Roadhog, which has no built in Timecode/Midi slot. I want to synchronise my cuelists with the Medialon system, which has a built in OSC control unit as well.
Somehow the roadhog doesn't react on the Medialon commands.
The network connection is ok, Touch OSC over the iPhone is working fine on the same time.
There are examples how to write the commands in the manual, I'm not sure, if I write the commands correctly in the Medialon command line.
Are there spaces in between the commands and the "/" ?
Actually I need just a single "go" command from the Medialon system…
  • [QUOTE=Veit Kaelin;73412]
    Are there spaces in between the commands and the "/" ?

No:nono:
  • [QUOTE=Veit Kaelin;73412]Has anybody experiences about using the OSC with other computers as remote controllers?

Yes, one of our customers did those for a big show in Europe. See the press release here:
    www.highend.com/news_events/news/news_detail.asp?news_id=717

If you bring up the midi viewer on Hog it will show both the MIDI and OSC input. Post some of that output and I can tell you why your commands are not working.

:outtahere:
  • Hey Veit, der D-Marc hier....

Are you using your iphone at the same time? Because only one device can be connected to the console.
    So after checking the commands with your phone you must change the incoming IP-adress to the one of your Medialon-computer. Check also that all ports are set correct in Medialon.

The GO command for master 1 is /hog/hardware/go/1 for List 1 it would be /hog/playback/go/0/1 for cue 5 of list 1 it would be /hog/playback/go/0/1.5
  • Yes I did try to use both devices on the same time. So I connected just the Medialon.
    Actually I found out, that we have a D3 Media Controller on the other end of the network... Now I receive commands, looking at the midi viewer, but they still seem not to affect on the roadhog.

On the D3 Media Controller we have to write 2 different commands. Are there different "commands" for one sentence?
  • Veit, like already said via text-message, seems there is still no OSC message received correct.
    Have you configured the Medialon correct, so that there OSC is send to the IP adress and OSC In port of your Roadhog?!

There can be only one transmitter and receiver at the same time, in the transmitter you put in the IP adress of the receiver and vice versa.

You can also text me, or drop me an email... Makes it easier also to write and talk in german or swiss ;)

Best

Marc
  • [QUOTE=Veit Kaelin;73430]Now I receive commands, looking at the midi viewer, but they still seem not to affect on the roadhog.

Excellent job with the screen shot of the midi viewer. The message "Error dissecting OSC packet: 9" means the OSC packet received by Hog is not a multiple of 4 bytes and is therefore ignored.

So this means you are sending something to Hog on the right ip/port, but what you are sending is not legal OSC.
    :outtahere:
  • I am a Hog3 & 4 programmer as well as a Medialon programmer as well. I've found that the best interface on Hog from Medialon is through MIDI. I have a Medialon driver built through low level communicator. If you would like it, I'd be happy to send it to you. Just PM me and I'll send it. If you get OSC working anytime soon, I'd love to see it. It seems like a better networking way to make it work. Thanks and take care!