Programming Timecode

Hi,

after a Timecodeshowprogramming, i must say, the Procedure is horrorble!

Is something planed for a new Timcodeprogramming? Nice would be a visual Timeline, recording all Events (Flash, Fadermoves, etc..), editing the Events by drag and drop. This is much easyer and faster!
Right now, it needs to many Time to set a Show on Timecode!!!!!!!

Marco
  • Marco,

there are two philosophies around.
    Timeline like you are suggesting and other consoles and softwares are using and the "vertical" cue-list style like it is.
    When I have a cuelist programmed or a cue-sheet given with time-codes sometimes the vertical method is even faster because you can create an empty cue-list, type in your times and fill the empty cues with informations.
    I did a lot of timecodeshow on HOG2, 3 and also 4. And I´m used to the method since many years, so often I programm my cuelist and when done I use the learn timing function.
    Both options have their advantages. There are a lot of improvments on the way in the next months.. Lets see what they will bring
  • Ok, if you know the timings you have to set, is it fast like it is. But if you dont know, if you have to hear out the times from a music, or you have to start cuelists more then one times, if you have 300 list to set on time, then is it terrible! I have written for each Cuelist a empty list with commadmacros for triggering cues or lists more than one time.
    I think the easyer way is, build your lists you need and then record it on timcode with flashs, gos, faders and so on. After that you can edit the record for starts, endings and fades.
    Best for this could be, if the hog can record a audiofile and i can see the waveform with there peaks on the timeline. :-)

Marco
  • I also often use comment macros with empty cues to trigger cuelists that are in use more often. And with learn-timing also unknown pieces are easy to add in the timing.

Would be nice indeed.
    But even better would be an option to import a CSV/xml file which creates an empty list that can be filled with infos or macros.
    Lot of audio-software can create lists like that from markers.
  • I think there are 2 things that would be a great improvement.

Firstly as Marc says the ability to import and export timings directly into a cue list.

The second is an event, a hybrid of a cue list with no cue data and a keystroke macro, being limited to playback actions only and which would record button presses, page changes, fader movements etc. as described by Marco with a timecode stamp across each action. These events would be replayed by the relevant timecode source or wait time. Clearly there would be a need to open these up and edit them as you would a list or macro also.

Both have been requested and are hopefully being considered for future software releases.

Regards

Ross
  • EVENTS are the way to go with this. Surely much of the way the console handles keystroke macros can be utilised but as Ross says, with the addition of fader movements and restrictions to playback only.

Personally, I would prefer to keep this in list form, and not move to a timeline "eye candy" approach. Whilst the latter certainly looks more impressive, I find a list format faster to work with.
  • The Timecodesection is almost even the H2. I think this need a Facelift.