TouchOSC fader dropping desk fader to BO?

bockingbocking Registered User
edited April 2014 in Hog 4 Networking Help
Hello forum,
If I adjust a virtual fader on iOS/TouchOSC/Hog4 template I see the change on RoadHog 4 - but removing finger results in BO on console master. Why is this; a limitation of OSC/non motorised faders or something wrong with the settings?

The manual's a bit thin on these details. Any help gratefully received.
Thanks. D

Comments

• Michael_GrahamMichael_Graham Registered User, Super Moderator, HES Staff
    edited April 2014
    Do you have any hardware attached for the virtual fader?
    Or are you just moving a fader for the main playback bar on the OSC template?
  • bockingbocking Registered User
    edited April 2014
    Hi Micheal, Thanks for reply. I was using a Road Hog 4. Gave up on OSC as adjusting a virtual fader on iPad randomly screwed up cue output unpredictably = snap to BO and stay there... requiring me to quit OSC and move console fader to GO/zero/full etc. Anyone else seen this behaviour? D
  • datadriverdatadriver Registered User, HES Staff
    edited April 2014
    bocking wrote: »
    Anyone else seen this behaviour? D

If you bring up the log viewer you can confirm what OSC is sending to your console. I'd start there. :poke:
  • dragon001dragon001 Registered User
    Hey, Anything found out yet? Have the same problem here, faders dropping to BO when moving on OSC and the same when you reach 100% on the OSC fader.
    I have tested this and I am not seeing this, faders on the RH unlock and move to the value provided by OSC.
    The output follows the OSC fader move and remains until I move the OSC fader or re-lock the front panels fader.

What version of software are you running?
    Are you using the templates we put on the website or are you using your own?
    I posted this back in April so can't remember the exact workflow. Template was as downloaded from HES. I think the problem occurred when either the tablet went to sleep/OSC halted/WiFi lost. Restoring OSC would result in blacking out the stage. RH4 fader would need to goto zero/FF to restore output.... The black out went down badly so I've not tried OSC since. Thanks for looking at the problem.
    When you launch the OSC app the faders are at 0 so when you move the OSC fader the intensity will jump from the value of the consoles fader to the value being sent from the OSC fader and since you are coming off of 0 this will give the impressing at the faders are jumping to 0.
    Since the RH's faders are not motorized they go into an unlocked state, you see this by the red line (RH fader value) and blue bar (OSC fader value), in order to re-lock the RH fader you must move the fader to the current OSC fader location.
    Hi Graham, yep, what you are describing sounds right. Would you agree it's likely you can end up blacking out stage if OSC goes on/off-line and you have trouble getting the virtual faders up to full?
    I can see how this could be a problem.
    I will check but I think this is an issue with touch osc and the default state it is in when the app launches.
  • MayliMayli Registered User, DL Beta, Hog Beta
    Hi all,

I had a similar issue once. It was related to the iPad from a friend. The iPad was on OS 7.
    This doesn't happen with my iPad on OS 6.
    interesting, so OSC works well for you?
  • datadriverdatadriver Registered User, HES Staff
    Guys, touch osc is not something High End Systems controls. We just respond to the OSC commands. Contact the author of that piece of software for requested changes here: http://hexler.net/contact