ipcb bug on playback bar without wing attached

Main go is not working with IPCB lists and scenes assigned to playback bar if wing is not physically attached. Lists and Scenes DO work if master is set to Intensity. Main >> DOES work for either case.

Hog4 Full Boar
Playback wing
v2.1.2
  • Seems a bit logical to me, as an IPCB Fader needs a real fader to work in my opinion.
    How are your settings for virtual faderes? Up or Down?
  • Marc,
    My virtual faders are settings are UP. Thanks for asking.
    Yes, having a real fader for IPCB seems logical I suppose...but I don't think you should NEED one.
    So I checked this out on HogPC3 and apparently this has always been this way and I never notice it before. So color me DOH!
    BUT.... :)
    If I add an extra play back bar(s), to take advantage of the options available choosing a list or scene rather than just firing a cue from the list window, I still, in my sleep deprived state, think the main play button should function as a play button. To me > is >. Pressing on a list on a playback bar CHOOSES that list. Main play back controls currently chosen whatever, right?
    If I have a show that is set up with a wing and, for what ever reason, the wing goes away, the > on the main playback should still function...or not? Choose is choose. Play is play.
    I understand (I think) why one would WANT a fader for an IPCB object, but if the virtual setting defaults to Up, or down, the object would play at up, just like an intensity object would play at full.
    What am I missing. Apparently the bug is between my ears. Any help fixing my brain is always appreciated ;)
  • It actually does function as play button for the choosen master
    I do a lot of busking shows with 2 extra playback-bars open, on is linked to my ipda (via OSC) and the other one is used for stuff that I want to link to the main-playback-section

You are right with your thoughts. Will try to rebuild your stuff and see what is going on. I never used IPCB Faders with more than one cue on it, so thats probably why I never ran into this issue