DL3 and video maping.

bassmanbassman Registered User
edited February 2014 in DL.3/DL.2
hi ,
I m wandering can we project video mapping with DL3 ? really need to know .
Thank you .

Comments

• Marty PostmaMarty Postma Registered User
    edited February 2014
    What are you looking to do specifically?? I've found that "3D mapping" is a pretty broad topic and can mean different things to different people.

There is a lot that can be done with custom 3D objects, curved surface adjustments, warps, etc....
  • MLorenzMLorenz Registered User, Hog Beta
    edited February 2014
    Like Marty said most of it depends on what you would like to do.
    If you "only" have an easy surface and you know all your projection angles, distances etc a lot of stuff can be done with a DL
    Also more complex stuff is possible with a detailed planning and content creation (like pre-stretched/curved or UV-unwrapped etc)
    3D and mapping on buildings etc is nothing which could be done on the fly and each project needs its own planning.
  • Marty PostmaMarty Postma Registered User
    edited February 2014
    MLorenz wrote: »
    3D and mapping on buildings etc is nothing which could be done on the fly and each project needs its own planning.

Actually you can do it easily with DL.3:
    - Project a gird onto your surface with the DL.3.
    - Capture a picture from the DL.3s own camera (using a separate computer and S-video capture device).
    - Take that picture into your 3D modelling program and create a custom 3D object.
    - Upload to the DL.3 via CMA and assign it a DMX value.
    - Assign content to your new Object and you're good to go!

Hope this helps. :)
  • MLorenzMLorenz Registered User, Hog Beta
    edited February 2014
    Hey Marty, i always forget about the cam in the DL
    Great idea still!!!

But still not really on the fly, needs some work "in advance" which what I meant with planning and pre-work, also additional hardware.
    Lot of people dont even own C4D or any other 3D software to create a 3D object.