List Directory Missing/Hidden

I loaded my WholeHog Existing Show today, and found all of my windows were moved around and different sizes than I left them. This is the second time it's done this, so maybe there's something to it (it has only done this twice now out of the hundreds of times I've opened Hog).

I've gotten all of my windows back where I want them now, but when I double press "List" on my board, nothing comes up (usually, it's the List Directory). I :rtfm: and saw other suggestions, like Open + List, but still haven't been able to get it to come up. I looked behind every window to make sure it wasn't hidden behind something, but still am not seeing it.

Anyone experienced this? Any help or suggestions to try would be super appreciated - I don't want to needlessly recreate some of these cuelists for the weekend!

Thanks,
- Jate -
  • Did you try Window Move button?
    Have you used external screens in that show before?
  • The one that's with "Split, Size, Move, Maximize"? Yeah, I've tried moving panels to see if it helps, but the window for the List Directory still hasn't shown up yet. I don't think it's even opening, because I would have seen it when I click through the "Focus" button, right? I've looped through a couple times and didn't spot it though.

When I double press the "Effect" button on my board, the Effect Directory comes up over the top of all of my windows.

This use to be the case with List, but now, nothing happens. :dunno:

:1zhelp:

*Edit* Also, no. I've only ever used 1 monitor with this setup. I'm looking at it now, and when I close all of the directories, I can bring them all back up except for the List Directory. Is it possible to have deleted it somehow, or that it's not reading my directories, and that would cause the window to not even open?

Just trying to figure out what it could possibly be...
  • Update: Your comment on an external screen got me thinking - it's possible that it might just be so far off of the screen that I can't see it (completely hidden on one of the sides). I say this because when I click through "Focus", all of the windows popup to the front of the viewer in their place, but just become visible over the other windows. However, this is one spot in "Focus" where nothing is highlighted, and nothing comes to the foreground. This could be where my List Directory is being highlighted, but I can't see it.

If that's the case, is there a way to "Gather all windows" or something of that sort? Short of that, is there anything you can think of to see windows out of the viewport of my monitor? I'm running Windows 7 if that helps.
  • Hi, go into the Control Panel and disable any External displays, that may bring it back to one of the main two windows. Also if you close all of your palette windows etc and right click in one of the two main black window and select Default Positions, this may also help.
Related