Logical Fixture Sellection other than "Live"

Buzz313thBuzz313th Registered User
edited March 2014 in Hog 4 Tips and Tricks
I was experimenting with syntax to see if H4 has the ability to use syntax similar to "Live" filtering, to logically select fixtures embedded in programming that are associated with palettes...

It is possible to use the syntax ... Live color1 + position2 ... to bring all fixtures into the programmer that have a live output of color1 and position2... But, is there similar syntax that can select fixtures out of cues and scenes in a similar manner, even though the fixtures are not active at the time?

JB

Comments

• ShrunkenNedShrunkenNed Registered User, Hog Beta
    edited February 2014
    15.2.3 Using Copy to Bring Values into an Editor

You can bring parameter values from a palette, scene or cue into an editor such as the Programmer
    using Copy:
    • Cue 1 Copy, Enter : copies the contents of Cue 1 of the currently chosen
    cuelist into the current editor.
    You can chose which fixtures or parameter types are copied into the Programmer. For example:
    • Cue 1 Position Copy, Enter : copies only the position values from Cue 1 into
    the current editor.

Hope this helps.
  • Buzz313thBuzz313th Registered User
    edited February 2014
    Hey Scott,

Thanks. But I'm referring to palette and or Value filtering.

Like with "Live" we can use the syntax... Live, red palette, +, gobo1 palette... Which brings any fixtures that are above 0 int that are using the red and gobo1 palette into the programmer... If we could do that with programming that isn't necessarily live, like pull it outa cues, palettes, scenes or anything that might contain the specific programming etc. I think it would be a powerful tool.

Sorry for not being clearer in my OP

JB
  • MLorenzMLorenz Registered User, Hog Beta
    edited February 2014
    Live is cool to use, but I must admit that a filtering/selction tool for fixtures that have a 0 intensity would also be great to have
    edited February 2014
    I thought that the syntax "Live @ 0" should do it? Is it not working?
    edited February 2014
    Sorry, not fully correct my posting or missunderstandable.
    Live red takes all fixtures that are red.
    Live @ 0 takes al that are at 0
    But what if I would like to have all that are @ 0 and red?!
    This does not work
    Or am i stupid?! I tried live @ 0 + red... not the result and also live red + @ 0
  • srautanesrautane Registered User, Hog Beta
    edited February 2014
    Marc,

Palette or group + intensity combination does not work.
    It has been one of my favourite requests for several years... (Also in the Google doc)
    edited February 2014
    Thanks Sami...
    So +1 on your request ;)
  • ShrunkenNedShrunkenNed Registered User, Hog Beta
    edited February 2014
    Gotcha.

+1 for me too
  • Firewood1Firewood1 Registered User, Hog Beta
    edited February 2014
    +1 also for Sami's request.

I didn't see it mentioned in this thread, but Pig and Live Red would at least include your fixtures at 0%, which gets you half way there I suppose. Would be good to have a way to only select fixtures in Red and at 0% too.

Jeff's initial request also has value in my opinion. I like the idea of being able to select all fixtures that would be live and red, for example, in a cue not currently being played. Yes of course you can copy a cue into the programmer, but having the equivalent power of the Live selection tool, but for selecting fixtures not currently live would be useful I think.

So basically, what I think Jeff was getting at would be this. Suppose you're currently playing back cue 5. Select all the fixtures that would be Red and in Position 1 in Cue 3.

Have I understood your point correctly Jeff?
    edited February 2014
    Yes Colin, that is correct.

I believe it would be a very powerful tool to be able to select fixtures by their value/palette association in all programming.

So if I want to bring all fixtures into the programmer that are in list 1 cue 1 and list 15 cue 5 that are at 0 and position 1 I can do so.
  • srautanesrautane Registered User, Hog Beta
    edited February 2014
    Jeff and Colin I completely understand what you are looking for :)

http://forums.highend.com/showthread.php?t=1714
  • DaarrghDaarrgh Registered User
    edited March 2014
    Would it be possible to reference an Intensity Palette that is @0%?

Live OFF[Intensity Pallette #1 @0%] + Red