Spinning Prism? Probably a Simple Fix

I came across a cue that I did not create, where the gobo itself was not rotating, but it appears as if the 3 face prism is rotating. I like it, but cannot for the life of me figure out where to adjust it.

Any ideas where I can look?
  • Ok... I just did SUCK and opened the Programmers window, where I saw that I could set the prism rotation.
    Is there a place to set it using the normal virtual programmers board thingy? ( I know I just butchered that last part)
  • Hi Ron,

To quickly answer your questions, if you select the fixture you with to work with and press the Beam key, on the right display you will see lists of parameters in groups of either 4 or 5 depending on your console. Press the one with Prism and Prism <> and these parameters will appear in the boxes above 2 of the encoder wheels where you can then change the values. As soon as you touch an encoder, the value will be brought into the programmer window. It's also worth mentioning, pressing the beam key repeatedly, cycles through the different parameters.

It sounds like you're just starting to find your way around the Hog 4 and will no doubt have a lot more questions as you do.

Have you had a look at the Hog 4 tutorials yet? There are currently 16 of them on this website and they cover all of the basics to get you up and running quickly. They are deliberately "simple" in the topics they cover, with the intention being once you have grasped the fundamentals of the operating system, then you will discover the more complex features yourself. The beauty of theses consoles is that everything works consistently, so if you understand the basics, the rest all falls in to place too.

The link to the videos is:

www.highend.com/support/training/Hog4Training/index.asp
  • I had always seen the Beam 1 of 2 and wondered how to find the other parameters. Hitting the Beam button again is what I needed.

Thanks for the advice about the videos. I had watched them earlier on, it was too early; perhaps now is the time.