Technobeam inop

I have a Technobeam that will not respond, the red light is on but no others and I have no display. any ideas? thank you for your time
  • I had this problem with one of mine about a month or 2 ago.. i dont remember what it was exactly but check all your main connections.. i couldnt figure it out so i let my buddy take a look and it took him like 10 minutes to fix it.. go figure the simplest things i make the hardest :aiwebs_007: ill ask him tomorrow and let you know exactly what it was..
  • Ok theres 2 main connections around the ballast area.. sometimes they come loose when being moved or transported.. i now have mine hot glued ;) so check those first.. now if they did come loose there is the possibility that it caused a few things to blow/ burn out.. regulators, fuses, and triaxs were the 3 things on mine.. he had parts on hand so that was helpful.. he did tell me they are low priced parts so i dont think you are looking at a high cost fix here..
  • There are 3 fuses on the PCB. The line fuse, F3 must be good as your red motor supply LED is lit. Lack of display or other functions indicates no +5vdc rail, check F2 ( 2.5A fast ), if good check REG1 for +8/10vdc on input, and +5vdc on output. If there is a +5vdc output, the problem is further upstream in the logic section and can't be fixed via email. IF there is no dc output, REG 1 is bad. If there is no dc input to REG1, check BR1 for 8-10VAC on the input, and 8-10vdc on the output. If there is an AC voltage on the input, and nothing on the output, or the dc output is below the AC input voltage, then the bridge is bad and needs to be replaced ( this is common). If there is no AC input to BR1, and F2 is verified as good, look to the left of the lower V-select switch at header pins labeled LOGIC AC1, and LOGIC AC2. Should read 8/10VAC across these pins. If no AC is present, Transformer is bad. If you need the PCB repaired, email me don at lightparts dot com
Related