TouchOSC connection problems.

Here's what I've got thus far.
Belkin router...IP 192.168.2.1
...SSID HogNet
...firewall disabled
...WPA disabled

Android phone...IP 192.168.2.3
...TouchOSC installed with iPad template.
...ping enabled
...Host, empty
...Out, 7000
...In, 7001
...ZeroConFName, empty
...local IP 192.168.2.3
...Found hosts, 0

RH4...IP 192.168.2.2
...gateway 0.0.0.0
...netmask 0.0.0.0
...DNS 8.8.8.8
...OSC In, port 7000
...OSC Out, port 7001, UDP. 192.168.2.3

If I fill in host IP with the RH4 IP, my found host becomes my phone and then it screws up my port numbers and doest connect to anything. I've watched the tutorial a million times. What am I doing wrong? I've connected proprietary apps to other boards and it wasnt this difficult.
  • Make the RH4:

IP: 192.168.2.2
    Gateway: 192.168.2.1
    Netmask: 255.255.255.0
    DNS: 192.168.2.1
    In Port: 7000 IP: 192.168.2.3
    Out Port: 7001

iphone or Android or ipad:
    IP: 192.168.2.3
    Gateway: 192.168.2.1
    Netmask: 255.255.255.0
    DNS: 192.168.2.1
    In Port: 7001
    Out Port: 7000
    Host: 192.168.2.2
  • Unfortunately that didn't work. All I'm seeing from my android is my own phone as the host. All parameters are as you said and double checked.

Having the same issue with h4pc/android and rh4/h4pc(laptop) server connection. I'm obviously missing something but I can't find what it is. Is it possible that port number in launcher settings need to be changed??

For trying to get a tracking backup I have all the IP settings the same. Running the laptop wireless adapter at .5 and the Ethernet adapter at .4(both static). Not able to find show on h4pc. Hognet is showing connected on both devices too. I'm reluctant to try dhcp cause the desktop and server crashed on the rh4 the last time I tried dhcp server and detect IP via dhcp. I know I'm gonna facepalm when I figure this out bit any help is always appreciated.
  • You have to enter the host manually.
    Never did it with an Android but with my ipad.
    Used an Apple Airport Express... Did not use a 192.169.x.x but that should not matter als long as all devices are in the same subnet and Ip range.

When running HOGPC check that yozu configures the network-binding correct in the control panel, ie. your hognet to the the ethernet and the fixture net to your wifi adapter
    Turn off all virus scan and firewalls
  • Marc,
    I realized the issues I was having with running a tracking backup, so that's working fine wired and wireless thankfully.

As for OSC, still no luck. I have a feeling it's an android app problem because I have everything set up right.

I linked to screenshots to show you how OSC shows up on my phone. You'll see in Found Host, it only will find my phone, which in turn changes the host address from .2 to .3 if I select it, also it changes my port numbers both to 7001. I am connected to "HogNet" the local wireless network I've set up. Keep in mind that I have my nano(.2) and a laptop(.5) both running together via wireless, so I know there isn't an issue with the router. Through process of elimination I'm assuming it has to be the phone.

If I don't put something in the ZeroconF name I cannot locate any host. I've tried putting an ip there, but the same thing happens.

I know using a windows tablet would work perfectly, but, to be honest... no thanks. I have no interest in dropping $350+ on a tablet just to remote focus when my phone SHOULD work perfectly fine. The same goes for an iPad, unfortunately.

Screenshots:
    imgur.com/FuMzjN7
    imgur.com/kdfDGhs
  • Dustin,

Did you create your OSC template?
    Have you double checked to see if you correctly setup the mapping?
    Im sorry I am an IPhone user but I know Users have used OSC with an Android, Marty created a nice template.
  • I have the same setup. Android phone with touch OSC and the iPhone/Ipad template loaded on with no problem.
    I cannot get anywhere with the connections between the phone and Hog 4 PC. I cannot even get all Ip's to match.
    I connect to the router easily with the phone.
    And obviously the ethernet cable is connected to router and that is working.
    Problem #1 is that the Hog server and DP8000 internal widget doesn't match Ip's with my phone and no matter what I do, the IP never changers on the Hog Server. Nor can I seem to change the phones IP.
    I need someone that can give a step by step process for getting all this to work. I am clueless!!!
  • Is there a plan to make an IPhone / IPad proper layout ?(From HES/Barco) like other consoles have I feel the H4 is a bit behind in the area.
  • Change IP on Android phone :
    Turn on Wifi
    In available networks list, long-press on the name of your network
    in the pop-up that appears, select 'modify network'
    in the menu that appears, tick 'show advanced options'
    the menu expands to show 'IP settings' - select this and tick 'static'
    in the next box down, 'IP address' type the address you want the phone to have, then save settings.

This works on my HTC anyway - hope it helps!