Content vs output resolution

stephenwykerstephenwyker Registered User, DL Beta, Hog Beta
edited December 2013 in Axon
Can someone confirm or deny that the Axon can not accept HD content? It seems when I run the content through TMPEG, using the DL3 preset, it always puts the content into 1024x768. I see in the CMA I can set the output to 1920x1080, but its then stretching 4:3 content to fit 16:9 aspect ratio. The website doesn't even mention any resolution support.

And I am sure since there are 500 variants of the Axon, that if it does, I then need to figure out which models.

Comments

• jxgriffijxgriffi Registered User, DL Beta, Hog Beta
    edited December 2013
    Stephen…

I have used HD content on Axons without issues. Just have to watch how many layers, etc. are up and running (and this depends on the Axon you have).

As far as using the DL3 preset for TMPEG…I'm not sure. I'm a Mac guy and use Episode 6. The presets High End has for Episode include 1024x768 versions as well as 1920x1080 versions (it actually has 12 presets for Episode). It might have to do with the DL having a 1024x768 LCD so it sizes down to that. Check to make sure you have all of the presets for TMPEG…might be a different one available.

Jon
  • stephenwykerstephenwyker Registered User, DL Beta, Hog Beta
    edited December 2013
    That being said, what resolutions are available in terms of native content? The content guide is vague.
    edited December 2013
    I also buy/build/create my footage at 1920x1080 so I always have a full-size.
    When I encode, I will resize/crop/cut dependent on what my final source is going to be. If I'm using the "stock" stuff, I'll just resize/move as needed.

But for Episode, I have 3 sizes as standard (640x480 - DL2 / 1024x768 - DL3 SD / 1920x1080 - DL3/Axon HD). Each of those has 24fps, 25fps, 29.97fps and 30fps.

Hope this helps…
  • stephenwykerstephenwyker Registered User, DL Beta, Hog Beta
    edited December 2013
    Cool. we just converted all of our projectors to HD, so now everything is 16:9, and just wanted to figure out how we would go about pushing HD content out of the Axons we have. I'll see if I can get away with just changing the resolution in TMPEG if the upload will work and playback. I'd like to avoid buying Episode as we bought TMPEG a while back.
    edited December 2013
    Yes, with the Axon, it will always "fill the screen" so if you have 4:3 content, it will indeed stretch it to fit 16:9 if that's your output.