Obliged to downgrade !!!!! V2.0.1 is Urgent

Hi

I 've too many problems in V 2

- Merger
- Touch ans suck problem
- effects sometimes still running in programmer even if table in "OFF"
- preset loosed after updating in V 2
- No possibility of preset for begin and end in effect engine
- no begin & end for color wheel, gobos, ....
- result really strange with the new effect engine
- Network ( 2 desk on the same show ), choose selection is mirroring on the 2 desk....a real problem.

I'm sur you know all those problems

I think it is urgent !!

BEST

SEBASTIEN
  • Hello Sebastien,

Can you please explain the merge problem you are having?
    Can you please explain the touch and suck problems you are having?
    Can you please explain preset lossed after upgrading?
    Can you please explain really strange results in the effects engine?

You are correct we do not yet support begin and end effects for gobos and color slots. We also currently do not allow begin and end effects for position or any other palette. This is something we have logged and are talking about.

Choose following between two networked consoles is a know problem that has been fixed internally and is currently under test.
  • Hi and thank's for your answer :

- merge : I thouht that it was a real htp/ltp merger but not simply an input selector. ( but i explained that in an another post )

- touch problem : i started a new show today and i didn't have yet the same bug ( maybe, the show which made bug with touch & suck was corrupted )......it is maybe the reason with i Had a big " Fatal Error" window during the show.

- Effect engine :

- We have to Blind and unblind during building the effect to be sure to have the same result. If i build the pan table and after the tilt table, blind and unblind is necessary to see the final result.

- If i set manually and offset ; 0 thru 360 ; the Os write ( for example with 6 moving head ) : 0 thru 288......but if i don't retype 0 thru 288, the offset is not a perfect one.

- forward, reserve, bounce : really work normally ?

- to adjust begin and end setting is really long and difficult for position effect.

best

Sebastien
  • Hello Sebastien

The effect OFF and the consoles tracking their choose buttons has been fixed and will be included in the upcoming V2.1.0 release. This is planned to be released very soon.

Merge Problem - I will need to find that post.

Touch Problem - Please send me you show file that produced the fatal error.

Effect -
    Forward, Reverse and Bounce:
    These options are working as we have implemented them. We are working to expand these effect options to work with palettes.

Adjust Begin / End:
    I understand your complaint here, you really would like Begin/End for postion palettes.

Setting a manual offset:
    This is nothing new to V2. I was able to recreate this on a Hog 3, so it's been around for awile. Our FX master is out today so I will ask him next week why this occurs.
  • I looked into the Fx offest

When you select your 6 units and fan the offset between 0-360 your offset is as follows:
    0 / 72 / 144 / 216 / 288 / 0

When you fan your offset between 0-288 your offset is as follows:
    0 / 58 / 115 / 173 / 230 / 288

You are actully fanning the offset between 0/288 not 0/360.
    In the case of an 0-360 offset the reason you only see 5 values on the encoder is because we dont show repeat vaules.