Axon and citp

can anyone tell me whats the deal with axon/dl3 and citp
  • What do you want to know?
    Try reading Section 10 of the new v2 manual as per the Release Notes as a good starting point....

Hope this helps. :)
  • Ok, how about when do we get a stable release of Axon software with CITP enabled?

2.1.2 is not show stable, at least on my units.
  • Can you clarify "not stable" ?
    I've been running v2.1.2 on DL.3s and AXONs since its' release almost 7 months ago with no issues to speak of......
  • I upgraded our machines when that release dropped as well. Both in shop and in show I had repeated crashes on 2.1.2. There was no specific action that caused it, they would lock just sitting in a cue after a random amount of time, observed anywhere from 5 minutes to 24h.

I sent showfiles and logs in and was advised that Highend was chasing crashes, and to downgrade to 2.0.5 if problems persisted. This is on Gen 1 and SDI machines. The SDI machines were actually less stable.

Dropping back to 2.0.5 stopped the crashes. No other changes were made. Same show, same cues.
  • Gen 1 being P4HT machines?!?
    I wouldn't be surprised at all if they were crashing in general.
    They have to be 6-7 years old! That is a loooooong time for a show computer to be in service IMHO.
    I try to stay away from anything earlier than a Quad-core machine as far as AXON servers go.

The newest i7-4th Gen. servers can really go! I've personally observed 9 layers of full HD output (1920x1080p) with 3 crossfading effects on each layer and syncing all to another server......and the CPU wasn't even breathing hard...barely hitting 33% usage.....disk-q and Mem alloc. also way low on the latest machines.

Not sure what your situation is, but after 7 years it is probably time for a hardware upgrade.
  • I would be surprised if they were crashing in general.

I recognize that they are a computer in a fancy box, but they aren't on 24/7. Frankly they are sold and booked as a piece of show equipment, not a computer. And they still do the job they were designed for just fine. New features have been added to the Axon software, but its not like a rental computer where the OS and every single program evolves and takes more and more resources. A 7 year old computer can't really be rented anymore, but a 7 year old moving light? Console? Of course they can. They still perform the functions expected of them. Hog III? Older than the axons. I have newer units that are the 'prime' ones, but that doesn't (and shouldn't) mean I'm going to trash these older units that work fine.

In fact, if you read my previous post the older machines were more stable on 2.1.2 than the newer ones.