Custom Video Content Guide - DLV - What do I output?

Hi Guys,

tearing my hair out a bit here..

Trying to make some custom video content for 3 x DLV's doing a 3x1 collage which i believe will be 1648W x 472H...

My current workflow is:
1. Putting together footage in adobe premier
2. Exporting as 1920x1080 .mov
3. Re-sizing in TMPGEnc Video Mastering Works 5 and encoding to mpeg2 as 1648x472....

For starters, when I do this TMPGEnc chooses a random area of the screen to cut out its 1648x472 slice of the 1920x1080 image (which is not usable).

Should i export in 1024x768 as the guides on high end website suggest and THEN re-size to 1648x472 ... which would be scaling up and in my mind blowing the quality and proportions a bit?

I'm confused...

Does anyone use premier to output contect to TMPGEnc?? What output type should I export as that works best?

any help greatly appreciated

thanks

Joel
  • [QUOTE=joelhodgkinson;71017]Hi Guys,

tearing my hair out a bit here..

Trying to make some custom video content for 3 x DLV's doing a 3x1 collage which i believe will be 1648W x 472H...

My current workflow is:
    1. Putting together footage in adobe premier
    2. Exporting as 1920x1080 .mov
    3. Re-sizing in TMPGEnc Video Mastering Works 5 and encoding to mpeg2 as 1648x472....

For starters, when I do this TMPGEnc chooses a random area of the screen to cut out its 1648x472 slice of the 1920x1080 image (which is not usable).

Should i export in 1024x768 as the guides on high end website suggest and THEN re-size to 1648x472 ... which would be scaling up and in my mind blowing the quality and proportions a bit?

I'm confused...

Does anyone use premier to output contect to TMPGEnc?? What output type should I export as that works best?

any help greatly appreciated

thanks

Joel

Ok I've gone a little further on my own now... I've managed to import 1920x1080 photo jpeg movies into TMPGEnc Video Mastering works 5 AND using the presets provided in this forum by high end I have also managed to export a 1648x472 mpeg....

while I was there I also exported a 1376x570 for a 2x1 collage.

I then drove to the venue with the 3 DLV's and uploaded the file's.

Strange thing is... neither of the resolution mpegs "filled" the collage and they both looked exactly the same in terms or proportions of material... am I missing something here? It looks as thought the media servers in the DLV's are just trying to "fill screen" no matter what the input file's resolution hence why they look the same? I'm confused.

thanks
  • [QUOTE=joelhodgkinson;71029]Ok I've gone a little further on my own now... I've managed to import 1920x1080 photo jpeg movies into TMPGEnc Video Mastering works 5 AND using the presets provided in this forum by high end I have also managed to export a 1648x472 mpeg....

while I was there I also exported a 1376x570 for a 2x1 collage.

I then drove to the venue with the 3 DLV's and uploaded the file's.

Strange thing is... neither of the resolution mpegs "filled" the collage and they both looked exactly the same in terms or proportions of material... am I missing something here? It looks as thought the media servers in the DLV's are just trying to "fill screen" no matter what the input file's resolution hence why they look the same? I'm confused.

thanks

No Idea guys?

I really just want to know why my 1648x472 mpeg looks stretched and out of proportion on a 3x1 DLV collage and looks no different at all to my 1376x570 mpeg of the same content that is supposed to be for a 2x1?
  • Could be a number of different things...
    How much keystone is required to create the collage?
    Is there any XYZ Scaling on the layers you are using?
    What exact Collage Mode are you using?

The servers will always try to stretch and "fill the screen" using the standard 4x3 rectangle object....when the proper Collage Mode is selected and the layers of each server are told which part of the image they are to handle.....then the proportions should be correct again......provided you haven't done something way off the charts with keystoning or layer scaling...

Hope this helps. :)