Colleges?

I am looking for a good college with a good media program, along with of course the basic financial aid options and what not.

I figured this might be one of the better places to find out... get people's opinions about it all.

-Thank You
  • in my experience at academic and non-academic places, if you want to use a course to do get some kindof job, you have to do the most practical course possible. With as little academic input as possible.

In the creative side of entertainment industries - you just have to do good work, and show you have done good work which is relevant to the job in hand.

Im not so sure about the technical side of things.

I went to Imperial College in london and did electrical engineering which was very academic prestigious and totally and utterly useless. Completely useless. Never used a single thing.
    After that I ended up hanging around the National Film and television school which used to be entirely practical - you are involved in making films ,and thats all.
    And you get beaten up a bit- because the expectations are high.

So my advise would have to be only do practical courses. because abstract knowledge is totally pointless and useless in these industries.
    you have to be able to deal with the bullshit.
Related