H4PC and media server, same pc?

With H4PC, nano and superwidget is it possible to run a loopback and connect/control mediamaster 3.1.1 on the same PC? I can't seem to find an answer to this. Also, will this take away a universe on my physical widget? Or, if this is possible can I make artnet Uni 5 and keep my 4 outs on my widget?
If I understand correctly, I'm not able to use my Lan port from pc to network a media server via fixture-net, but I could get a dmx>ethernet dongle to make artnet work, losing a 5pin out in the process? I can, however, connect two PC's running H4PC via Ethernet/Hog net for tracking backups??

IF connecting H4PC and arkaos on the same pc is possible, and it's the only thing I need for a gig, can I just take my PC or will I need my widgets, even though they aren't literally outputting anything?

Just trying to understand my options.
  • Never tried with a loopback....

But you will get your 4 universes mirrored to the artnet output
    Each widget output connected mirrors the same universe to artnet.
    So Nano with 4 5-pin will have the same 4 universes on artnet avialable, But only if the widget is connected

You can run fixturenet on your lan... No problem... But it is recommended to use different physical ports for fixture net and hog net
  • Right on. So if I'm using three universes and then run from my lan port to an arkaos computer, I've used up all four universes? That's pretty much what I had suspected. I'll try a loopback with some software. It would make things much simpler.
  • Yes, each widget out is mirrored to artnet
    Maximum number of outputs via HOGPCwith widgets is 8
    If you need more you must use a DP8000, this will add 16 Universes to the system for each DP8000 connected. 8 of them will be on 5 pin, all 16 on artnet
  • [QUOTE=lessergreater;70686]With H4PC, nano and superwidget is it possible to run a loopback and connect/control mediamaster 3.1.1 on the same PC? I can't seem to find an answer to this. Also, will this take away a universe on my physical widget? Or, if this is possible can I make artnet Uni 5 and keep my 4 outs on my widget?
    If I understand correctly, I'm not able to use my Lan port from pc to network a media server via fixture-net, but I could get a dmx>ethernet dongle to make artnet work, losing a 5pin out in the process? I can, however, connect two PC's running H4PC via Ethernet/Hog net for tracking backups??

IF connecting H4PC and arkaos on the same pc is possible, and it's the only thing I need for a gig, can I just take my PC or will I need my widgets, even though they aren't literally outputting anything?

Just trying to understand my options.

you can use an entec doungle to output the dmx and plug the usb into your pc running hog and arkaos and it will work.