Cyberlight CX Litho position and gobo problem

Hello to everybody,

I was looking around the forum but i didn't find similar problems.

First problem is with the tilt. Whenever i switch on the scanner and it finish to reset it doesn't go in to home position, all i have to do to put it in home position is to tilt it to max and it jumps into home position, after that it works fine. I already replace the motor brake but the problem persist.

Second one is about the Gobo after some time, about 1h or so, the scanner is on it just start to go wrong with the rotating gobo. I have to switch it off and wait to cool down to switch it on again, after that start to work ok again. I have to tell that this doesn't happen every time, some day it works fine for hours...

Thanks in advance
  • Is the mirror loose with no power, or will it hold position? I know you replaced the brake, but the only time I have seen this is when the fixture homes, there is a point in the homing cycle when the motors lose power briefly, and if the brakes don't hold, the mirror will drop and lose home.

I can't comment on the gobo question, since I can't really understand your description of the problem.

- Tim
  • Hi Tim,

No, the mirror is not loose without power it holds the position. I was observing it in this week and found out that after the power on and when it finish the reset the position of the tilt is offset always the exact amount. After i tilt it to min (no max) it make a small jump and when i clear it it go to the home position. After this operation the scanner work perfectly and it doesn't loose the position until the next time i switch it on.

I was thinking, is it possible that when i replace the brake i didn't tight the screws of the mirror enough?

About the second problem, as i write that doesn't happen always in this week it happened 2 times. It happen that at some point it just stuck in one rotating gobo and trying to change it back to the one it have to be result impossible just keep jumping the gobos at random example i change it three and scanner only change it one. Also the reset of the scanner doesn't solve the problem, the only way is to switch it off wait 10-15 min and switch it on again.

I have to say that this scanners i use are 10 years old and working basically every day since then. Still i have to say that the Cyberlight scanners is the best ones that i was working with.

Thanks again
Related