Roadhog 4: desktop crash when changing type

Nik TentenNik Tenten Registered User
My roadhog 4 crashed on first use while trying to change fixture type in patch window. Anybody?

I tried to change 1 type of fixture but multiple fixtures with random fixture numbers. for example LEDfixture 25 thru 29 and 35 and 36.

Why is this a problem and HES can you fix it?

Comments

• MitchMitch Registered User, HES Staff
    edited August 2013
    Hi Nik, can you give some details such as what software version is installed in the console?

Also can you give instructions for an exact repro for the problem so we can try it here and see if we get the same results? Please detail what and how you were doing it including keystrokes if possible.

Did you create any of the fixtures in the Fixture Builder?

Was the show originally created on Hog 3 software?
  • Nik TentenNik Tenten Registered User
    edited August 2013
    My roadhog 4 software V1.2.1

I'm creating a startfile for my roadhog 4 and i wanted to test the change type function. The desktop crashes randomly. When it crashed i tried the same change type again it worked fine. But then on the next attempt it crashed again. I asked some friends and they also told that this problem is older and happened also on hog 3.

I tried to change a vl3000 spot into a robe ledwash 600 to try and see if the colors and zoom still work.

The other day i was working i a theatre where the use ETC ledprofile lustr+ something, i used the wrong fixture from my preprogramming. I tried to change the type into the right one, and boom: black screen. using pig+open+backspace you can restart the desktop and your back! But its annoying and makes me nervous.

I did not use fixtures from the fixture builder, although i think it shouldn't be a problem to do so. The show was created on the roadhog4 from the beginning.

hope you find the problem.
  • Michael_GrahamMichael_Graham Registered User, Super Moderator, HES Staff
    edited August 2013
    Kik

Did you perform a replicate before changing type?
  • Nik TentenNik Tenten Registered User
    edited August 2013
    Yes, I did.

I replicated al vl3000 and tried to change the new made fixture.
  • timmathtimmath Registered User
    edited August 2013
    I have had had the same issue swapping Vipers and Shapies between extended and standard modes, it was with build 550 from memory, on the H4 it was just once with a desktop crash, on h4pc it repeatedly crashed the application. only worked on h4pc with a clean install on another PC

Tim
  • datadriverdatadriver Registered User, HES Staff
    edited August 2013
    Nik Tenten wrote: »
    Yes, I did.

I replicated al vl3000 and tried to change the new made fixture.

We have fixed a crash issue when changing type after replicate. This is D-1463.
    Look for the fix to be in 2.0:outtahere:
  • Michael_GrahamMichael_Graham Registered User, Super Moderator, HES Staff
    edited August 2013
    Kin

As Chris said we have fixed an issue with desktop crashing after replicating.
    This will be included in the upcoming 2.0.0 release.
    In my testing I found that if I log off/on after the replicate desktop would not crash on the change type.