H4 nano colour encoder issue.

Strobie1Strobie1 Registered User
edited December 2013 in Hog 4 OS Software Discussion
Hey guys, I've banana having issues with selecting colour with the encoder wheel on my console. When I have slotted colors selected, it won't allow me to scroll thru them with with wheel, but if I select continuous or spin the encoder works as expected. This used to be a problem for me on a much older software version, but was fixed in an update. I am running the latest release 1.2. Something. Some help would be great but it isn't urgent.

Cheers.

Comments

• Michael_GrahamMichael_Graham Registered User, Super Moderator, HES Staff
    edited August 2013
    Are you saying the Encoder will not allow you to change the color?
    What fixture are you having problems with?

Just tested with 10 different fixtures with slotted colors and the encoder worked fine.
  • Strobie1Strobie1 Registered User
    edited August 2013
    Yes encoder wheel 1 will not let me chance the slotted colour of any of my fixtures.
    I am working with a small nightclub rig which consists of 12 iMove 700 spot (22ch mode) 4 Mac 600, 4 Mac 250+, 8 Xled 390 and about 50 led wash/bar/par ect.

Colour mixing works fine with the Mac 600 and led fixtures, I am just having problems with slotted colours in the imoves and Mac 250+ and Mac 600. Basically anything that has slotted colour. The wheel will not change the slotted colour for any of my fixtures. Eg: Mac 600 - colour - slots = open, wheel does nothing.
    Imove 700 - colour1 - slots = open, wheel does nothing.
    Mac 250 - colour - slots = open, wheel does nothing.
    edited August 2013
    Additional information for you, i am running hog 4 pc with duel touch screen, hog nano console running version 1.2.1 (b550)

The colour can be changed on colour 2 wheel for the imoves, but not colour 1.
  • inthe128inthe128 Registered User, Hog Beta
    edited August 2013
    I have this with a show as well, quite a few fixtures seem to not have colour wheel one working from the encoder, but colour wheel tow is fine.

I was told it might be a show file error, i am fixture swapping and getting the same problem. I started a new show and do not have the same problem, so try making a new show and see if that sorts it. I do not use colour wheel fixtures as normal, but my plan is to try to merge my show into an empty show and see if that helps., just not got round to it yet.

Try to start a new show with your fixtures and see what the results are
    edited August 2013
    Hi all, yes i have tried loading a new show and this does fix the problem. BUT my show is very big and starting again from scratch will be a huge problem for me. would be cool is hes can fix this little problem.
  • ZachithZachith Registered User
    edited August 2013
    Have you tried just merging the show data from the old show to the new show through Setup > Shows > Merge Show?
    edited August 2013
    Yes i tried to merge into a new show and this did not fix the problem.
    edited August 2013
    What fixtures are you seeing this with?
  • srautanesrautane Registered User, Hog Beta
    edited August 2013
    Can you change the colour from the slot toolbar?
  • Akito.HAkito.H Registered User, Hog Beta
    edited August 2013
    I had similar issues before on Hog4 with VL2202.
    And I avoided following method.

Knock out value and touch parameter wheel.

Thanks,
    Aki
    edited August 2013
    What fixtures are you seeing this with?
    I Am seeing this with all my fixtures. mac 600s, imove 700s and mac 250.

srautane wrote: »
    Can you change the colour from the slot toolbar?
    yes. but not the encoder wheel.

It should be noted that if i select a coulor using the tool bar, and then touch the encoder wheel, what ever color was selected before goes directly to white and no other color can be selected (with the wheel 1) wheel 2 works as normal.
  • srautanesrautane Registered User, Hog Beta
    edited August 2013
    Have you looked that everything looks normal in Edit Fixtures.
    I had a problem with shows from Hog3. The slot default was wrong in Edit Fixtures.
    edited August 2013
    srautane wrote: »
    Have you looked that everything looks normal in Edit Fixtures.
    I had a problem with shows from Hog3. The slot default was wrong in Edit Fixtures.

yes everything is fine in there. So far i have tried everything and still nothing. very allusive this color encoder :poke:
    edited August 2013
    What OS is your computer running?
    Can you please send me your show file?

I have yet to recreate this in the lab.
    edited August 2013
    Sure thing Michael. I am running windows 8 64bit.

What email address do I send it to?
    edited August 2013
    Please use https://highend.wetransfer.com/ to send the show file.

Email it to MGRAHAM@barco.com
    edited August 2013
    Please use https://highend.wetransfer.com/ to send the show file.

Email it to MGRAHAM@barco.com

Ok i have sent the shw file to you.
    edited August 2013
    That sounds fun but it isn't really helpful.
    edited August 2013
    Michael

I got the show and was able to recreate the problem. I have sent it up to our developers to see if they can fix it.
    edited August 2013
    Thanks Michael. And thanks hes for the amazing support :)
    edited October 2013
    I have been having this problem with a couple of shows that are too advanced to start again, the merge new show does not work, so stuck with using the slots tool bar to get or update colour.

In China at the moment and what I feared was some Clay Paky fixtures where the colour slots are not correct, some being split colours, so impossible to use as you have no way to gain control of colour. The venue did not have any dmx data sheets or internet access, so in the end I just copied the fixture and tuned colour wheel one to continuous and got control that way, so I could use the encoder to update palettes.

Starting a new show cures the problem, but this current show has 200 or more hours of programming, its not an option to start again for me.
    edited October 2013
    I now have a friend who is suffering the same problem as i am. I pointed him here and with any luck any fix you guys come up with can also work for him.
  • MLorenzMLorenz Registered User, Hog Beta
    edited October 2013
    inthe128 wrote: »
    I have been having this problem with a couple of shows that are too advanced to start again, the merge new show does not work, so stuck with using the slots tool bar to get or update colour.

In China at the moment and what I feared was some Clay Paky fixtures where the colour slots are not correct, some being split colours, so impossible to use as you have no way to gain control of colour. The venue did not have any dmx data sheets or internet access, so in the end I just copied the fixture and tuned colour wheel one to continuous and got control that way, so I could use the encoder to update palettes.

Starting a new show cures the problem, but this current show has 200 or more hours of programming, its not an option to start again for me.

Andy, you found the workaround... ;-)
    edited October 2013
    Its a quick way to overcome the slots being incorrect Marc, if I had time I might prefer to edit the slots, but I guess you end up with a user fixture that took some time to build against something that takes a couple of minutes to do, I think I will choose the quick option when this problem arises. The show is recorded from palettes, so its just updating those is key.

Do we have a route/contact to comment on incorrect fixture files, I found a Clay Paky fixture with 4 pans entries and no tilt parameters...... another quick fix, but a red face as I complained there lights where broken, then saw no encoder options for tilt.
  • MLorenzMLorenz Registered User, Hog Beta
    edited October 2013
    Report it to Chris Muenchow or Michael Graham
    edited October 2013
    Hello guys,

This was reported by Michael and we do have a defect open for this. Michael's show was the only one we have heard about this.
    Andy can you please send me your show so I can add it to the defect?
    edited October 2013
    In China and on my mobile Michael, Will send my show as soon as I can, this has been a problem for me for ages, I have a Roadhog normally and have this problem on a couple of shows, starting a new show cures the problem, but as I said this show has too much time spent on it to start again, so been using colour slots to update palettes or doing a new fixture if the slots are not correct. I am out with a Nano in China and that is the same, so its a showfile something.
    edited October 2013
    Hello Andy and Michael

Are both of your shows and older Hog 3 show file or a new H4 show file?
    edited October 2013
    Mine is a Hog 4 show, done last February when my Roadhog arrived, been living with it since that show was done, its annoying when the fixture at the show slots are out of sync, but I prefer to live with it than start a new show due to the time already spent on it. If there is a reason or even a solution would love to know the reasons its happened
    edited November 2013
    I am not sure. I made it on hog 4 pc with nano wing if that is what you are asking? also now with v2 software, it appears that even when i start a new show the problem now persists.
    edited November 2013
    We found a problem that would casue what you are seeing. This had to do when building a fixture in the fixture builder and the fixture fails to build. We are still working on a way to fix a show once in this state.

Did both of you create your own fixtures?
    If you start a new show using the V4 library do you still get this problem?
    edited November 2013
    there will be a couple of built fixtures in mine, sure of that, but not used in shows, will play with that with this info given when i get chance
    edited December 2013
    Just an update to this from me: Decided to start again with the show as i have a bit of downtime. The show has nothing in it apart from imported views. Patched a colour wheel fixture and have the same problem. This is a fresh show and there are no user created fixtures, the problem continues.

Somewhat dishearten to have the same problem, but just tried a fresh show, no views imported and now it works, so a new show with something imported can make this problem, in my case the views, does that help at all?
    edited December 2013
    just playing with this a bit: If I patch a fixture, be it a CMY or colour wheel fixture then merge kinds, views, macros then I can add colour wheel fixtures and have encoder control of colour wheel one, so if I merge just macros before patching a fixture then I have the problem, as my merge was views, macros and kinds I have made 3 shows just to test these items in the merge, as long as i have a fixture patched before merge i seem okay, for the hell of it i tried a desk channel and that did not work.