Command keys

I am in love with the command keys. In my opinion they are the greatest addition to the 4 that I've noticed so far. Since 90% of programming I do is generic punt pages for festivals and any number of designers might use it as a start spot or run their entire show off of it, utility programming and playback is key.

#1 The ability to toggle on/off on key-press. I create a release macro within every cue stack that does this function as a work around, but along with "back/pause/go/flash" I'd love to see the ability to toggle on/off. Of course you can always Pig+command key but that extra keystroke wastes time when you are running on the fly.

#2 A way to turn those command keys into banks or pages of command keys. If I could put 12 cuelists down on those keys and be able to next to go to the next set of 12 would be a great addition for punting shows.

#3 I wish there was a way to control faderless cues running effects from within the list or scene directories with the rate wheel on the hog4 desk.

my last request might be just my ignorance but i can't seem to find the option anywhere. I would love to be able to set a default property on the hog4 for the "guard" key on a directory to "guard off" I tend to run my List directory more like a scene directory and run all of my effects on faderless cues when i punt shows. But if you switch views for any reason and go back to your lists it will automatically turn the "guard" function on. It would be amazing to be able to turn that as a default off.

Those are what I have ran into over the course of the past 2 months sitting behind the Hog4, I am all about this desk, its fantastic in what it does. I have a picture from a recent show of me using the full range of products hog4 desks all at the same time, its a wonderful console.
  • HI
    1-In the cuelist options go to action at the end of cuelist and set it on "add release end cue". Your command key will behave now like a toggle button.
    2- don't really get what you mean
    3- If you press on one list the first 3 encoders are mapped to Intensity, List rate and effect rate respectively (if memory serves)
    4- You have to record a view of your list directory with the guard button turned off. Every time you'll recall this view it will pop up the same way you recorded it.
    Hope this helps
  • "#2 A way to turn those command keys into banks or pages of command keys. If I could put 12 cuelists down on those keys and be able to next to go to the next set of 12 would be a great addition for punting shows."

As soon as you record Command Key #13, the Command Key in the bottom right position becomes a "next Page -> " button opening up the next page/bank of command keys.
  • [QUOTE=bellons;68307]4- You have to record a view of your list directory with the guard button turned off. Every time you'll recall this view it will pop up the same way you recorded it.
    Hope this helps

To put this another way... If you record your VIEW with the GUARD on, it will recall with it on. If you record with GUARD off, it recalls with it off.
    This bugged the heck out of me for a while, until someone pointed it out. Lots of things work this way when recording VIEW. (Ie: palette colors, size, etc).

As far a adjusting RATE, BPM, etc, I also click and hold my cuelist for "faderless" effects/chases and use the encoders. If you are using your faders for intensity, this is a great way to get the BPM of your chase ready and drop the faders when you want it to start.
  • I know I was probably just saying the same thing as Marco, but it took a second person explaining it to me for it to personally sink in. Haha!