LTC Widget Recieve Sensitivity

Just ran into a very small issue which I am not sure if it's software or hardware related, but I guess it doesn't hurt to ask for a possible improvement.

Audio was sending LTC SMPTE at 23.97. Set the FB4 up for SMPTE Film 24 on the internal LTC widget. The desk was to sync all lighting and a trigger for the start mark of a motion contol rig to LTC from audio playback for multiple shots for a plate composite. Audio was also sending LTC to camera, slate and pyro. The original SMPTE track was too low in volume for the FB4's LTC widget to lock on to, even though Pyro, Camera and Slate was able to lock onto the same track. The solution was for audio to give me a single channel audio booster which did the trick and allowed me to amplify the signal. The sound guy said that the specs of the audio track were standard and is generally how most SMPTE tracks were striped. Personally, I have never had an issue like this before, so maybe the track was too low in volume anyway.

So, would it be possible to make the H4 LTC widgets or the software that drives them more sensitive to a SMPTE track that may have been rendered on the low side?

JB